Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Country Folk Moaning About Dubliners Posting About Dublin In AH Get On Your Tits?

Options
  • 28-03-2007 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

I heard it said we are 66% of the population, anyway I put this question to you. I'm not going to vote just this second.

Yes No Game Show! 62 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    69% 43 votes
    I live in Atari Jaguar, where's our forum, smartguy?
    30% 19 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

No. "Where can\do I xxx in Dublin" threads blatently on AH for extra traffic (charter, anyone?) when there is a perfectly good Dublin local forum get on my tits.

And I challenge anyone who has ever posted one of these to tell me honestly it wasn't put on AH for the extra traffic. Go on, see who believes you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

I have to say Aidan, you inspired this thread, you're always at it :)

It could be argued there's nothing wrong with getting extra traffic and reaching more Dubliners because I'm sure AH is more popular than The Dublin forum?

It could be argued there's nothing wrong with getting extra traffic and reaching more Dubliners because I'm sure AH is more popular than The Dublin forum?
    It could be counter pointed that the charter says that you're wrong, and likely to be banned for continuing to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Let's post all our threads in the Dublin forum and leave the culchies out in the cold.

Hooray for the Dublin forum.

P.s. Shouldn't this thread be in the Dublin forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

dusf wrote:
    The forum will never be popular if all the dubliners insist on pointlessly posting here.

Support the dublin forum!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Blatant Dublin threads posted in here annoy me.

"Did ye see yer man on Leeson Street?", for example.

OP, your grammar makes me a sad panda.

Should this thread be in Feedback?

ballooba wrote:
    Shouldn't this thread be in the Dublin forum?
    Feedback, tbh :)

continuing to do so.

Hey, I'm not continuing to do anything nor did I ever commence so. Also, I wasn't aware it's in the charter as it doesn't seem to be enforced. Usually charters are made up of appropriate common sense. And before someone suggests I should have read it first, you don't go to a foreign country and need to read their laws.

scojones wrote:

Yes! Images are allowed in Feedback!

scojones wrote:
    OP, your grammar makes me a sad panda

Ow nice, thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

dusf wrote:
    I heard it said we are 66% of the population

:confused: Thats surely not right, closer to 33% I think.

Anyways, "Aslan, heroin, M50, bleedin culchies, blah blah blah..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

They're just angry that they're not from Dublin, ignore them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Myth wrote:
    Yes! Images are allowed in Feedback!

Is it time for the cats yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Personally, I don't mind broad interest threads, but the "where do I buy a cable tidy / X brand hoodie / whatever" threads are annoying.

I can guarantee that if I posted a similar thread for Galway in AH the Dubs would scream blue murder!

And they would be right ...

... for once! :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I don't really care as long as it does not contain the line or similar, "I know this is the wrong forum but wanted to get a speedier response so posted here". Since I used to mod After Hours and move a fair amount of Dublin threads, it got annoying at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

scojones wrote:
    Blatant Dublin threads posted in here annoy me.

"Did ye see yer man on Leeson Street?", for example.

OP, your grammar makes me a sad panda.

Perhaps in the Grammar Nazis' forum?

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

cornbb wrote:
    :confused: Thats surely not right, closer to 33% I think.

Anyways, "Aslan, heroin, M50, bleedin culchies, blah blah blah..."
    Census says close to 50%.

Slow coach wrote:
    Perhaps in the Grammar Nazis' forum?

Karma! Fear it sco! :D
    rb_ie wrote:
    Census says close to 50%.

What do I win?! What do I win?! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Ruu wrote:
    I don't really care as long as it does not contain the line or similar, "I know this is the wrong forum but wanted to get a speedier response so posted here". Since I used to mod After Hours and move a fair amount of Dublin threads, it got annoying at times.

Ruu isn't an After hours mod any more???:eek:

Anyways, first off its annoying cause there's a Dublin forum provided for this purpose. Second, even though they are all posted here cause there's more traffic, surely there is a better chance of getting an answer from someone who knows on the Dublin forum? And as someone pointed out, it'll never get the traffic if you don't use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

dusf wrote:

Surely it could be argued in like fashion for all fora? So why have After Hours, Soccer, Computers and Technology, Motors or the Cuckoo's nest fora? Let's just have one big free-for-all...

• Advertisement

Slow coach wrote:
    Surely it could be argued in like fashion for all fora? So why have After Hours, Soccer, Computers and Technology, Motors or the Cuckoo's nest fora? Let's just have one big free-for-all...

Good point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yes. I was thinking of asking the same question, as majority lives here. But then I would be pee'd off if I were a muck savage and hearing only about Dublin all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

First of all, the expression "country folk" conjures up images of oul fellas and wans with straw in their mouths and dressed in their only suit and wellies, sitting on the back of a trailer towed by a tractor, sharing space with a few milk churns and a few goats. I'm sure all of urban Ireland outside of the Pale feels a certain level of annoyance at that.

And don't say "ah sure we mean <insert pathetic justification here>...". That's the kind of line the English trot out whenever they're caught over here referring to their own country as "the mainland"!

Likewise, referring to "the city centre" is not on! We have every right to ask you whether you're referring to Galway, Limerick, Waterford, Cork or Kilkenny. And if you say "ah jaysus buud, ui was taalkin about Duublin, d'ya know warruimean?!", well I'll just refer you to the whole "mainland" argument above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

funny how ppl from waterford think its a city lol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Recycle bin?++

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Recycle bin?++

Nono, the Thunderdome :D or the Galway forum :D

I shall continue to call them country folk as long as they continue to call us jackeens, most of whom I doubt know what this term even means.

There are urban areas outside of capital city? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

fricatus wrote:
    First of all, the expression "country folk" conjures up images of oul fellas and wans with straw in their mouths and dressed in their only suit and wellies, sitting on the back of a trailer towed by a tractor, sharing space with a few milk churns and a few goats. I'm sure all of urban Ireland outside of the Pale feels a certain level of annoyance at that.

And don't say "ah sure we mean <insert pathetic justification here>...". That's the kind of line the English trot out whenever they're caught over here referring to their own country as "the mainland"!

Likewise, referring to "the city centre" is not on! We have every right to ask you whether you're referring to Galway, Limerick, Waterford, Cork or Kilkenny. And if you say "ah jaysus buud, ui was taalkin about Duublin, d'ya know warruimean?!", well I'll just refer you to the whole "mainland" argument above.

So whats your point?

cornbb wrote:
    Nono, the Thunderdome :D or the Galway forum :D

Boo hiss!! Keep this tripe out of Galway!

But seriously, each section was created so people could post in the appropriate section to get the better answer. You post here, you're going to get half arsed sarcastic replies.

Also, about the charter, why do you think it says "Read first before posting" as well?

• Advertisement

Also, about the charter, why do you think it says "Read first before posting" as well?

Do you honestly read the charter of every forum you post in?

Advertisement