Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Country Folk Moaning About Dubliners Posting About Dublin In AH Get On Your Tits?

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Would someone please get this dusf his methodone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Ya lookin'?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

iguana wrote:
    What do you base that on?

Experience.
    iguana wrote:
    I know plenty of people who have gone to London, New York, Paris, Barcelona and Madrid for over a month.

Well, if they can get the time off and have the cash, good for them. Personally I would get bored out of my mind spending a month in London, Dublin, Barcalona, Paris with no job. (haven't been to Madrid or New York) I would not have enough to do and I would run out of money. My holidays are usually traveling ones anyway.

Each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

dusf wrote:
    I heard it said we are 66% of the population, anyway I put this question to you. I'm not going to vote just this second.
    City Dubs are 49% of the known Boards population. Leinster are another 20%. Note, that is another 12 counties and cannot be considered Greater Dublin.

Ergo, Dubs are in Boards minority (just slightly) but use AH as a second forum. There are another 25/31 counties that amazingly manages to post in their respective forums all the time.

When did you last see a Cork/Waterford/Belfast question in AH?
    When did you last see a Dublin question in AH?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Bambi wrote:
    I've always maintained that the default location setting for boards is dublin.
    Ah ... so we can expect the changeover to www.boards.dub any day now! :rolleyes:
    Bambi wrote:
    "omg you mentioned baggot street in AH, dublin forum tbh. ban please mods" etc etc. Bless em :)
    No ... see my response earlier:
    Personally, I don't mind broad interest threads, but the "where do I buy a cable tidy / X brand hoodie / whatever" threads are annoying.
    It was a thread of the "where do ..." variety which sparked off this thread in the first place.
    biko wrote:
    City Dubs are 49% of the known Boards population. Leinster are another 20%. Note, that is another 12 counties and cannot be considered Greater Dublin.
    Not to mention the fact that many Dublin-based boardsies are not originally from Dublin in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

The poll results have spoken!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The_B_Man wrote:
    As in, culchies should shut up and stop complaining when a "How do I get to Dame Street in town" thread appears in AH :D
    No way, vive la resistance!

As you see here we even have a go at ourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

The_B_Man wrote:
    Indeed they have ... and they're shouting:
    "Given that this thread was moved from AH to the Dublin forum at an early stage, we, the results of this poll, acknowledge that we are biased, invalid, and unrepresentative of Boards as a whole."

Quite articulate poll results they are too! Bless 'em! :p

Advertisement