Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Midi-Tower: Any suggestions?

Options
  • 28-03-2007 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Lookin to buy a case, somewhat similar to the Dell XPS 210 Chassis. Basically, I'm using my previous hardware (AM2 3800+ and Asus M2N-E) to build a PC for internet/office/some FM2007.

The problem is, it has to go in one of these custom built study units, and the guy designed a PC enclosure (H: 610mm W: 310mm: D:500mm). The problem lies in the depth of the unit, as the first case I had my eye on (Lian-Li PC7) is a standard midi-tower depth of 490mm. This leaves 1cm of space at the back (there is some additional room at the back for cables, etc.

Cooling shouldnt be too much of an issue, although I don't like sticking a box in such a small space, as i ran the CPU with a Zalman 9500 in my old case and got a nice 23C at idle (bigger case, more ventilation).

So, If I don't get the Lian-Li, are there any smaller depth towers available? I've tried looking at a few manufacturers but can't find much smaller without going shuttle. Or just stick with the larger tower?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The Lian Li PC7 looks a pretty decent case I don't see any reason why it isn't up to the task.

With slightly smaller dimensions 478x185x410 mm the Gigabyte GZ-X1 may also fit the bill, you can grab them on Komplett pretty cheap sans PSU of course.

Advertisement