Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rabbit questions

Options
  • 28-03-2007 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

Hi

My baby bunny is coming up to 6 months old....does she need to be sprayed now? what is the procedure with this? how long does it take? and how much does it cost?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

afraid I can not answer the question as I breed my bunnies - I would say 6 month is old enough & would imagine its the same price as spaying a cat €40-50 & will be the same operation - shaved side & a 1 inch long scar etc. Like cats I would say you would take her in to the vets in the morning & collect that night - then back in 10 days for stitches to come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Is the rabbit male or female? If female 6 months is a good age to have her spayed. Don't forget never fast her and make sure she's kept warm and eats soon after the op.

If male he will get stitches also so just keep his bed area clean and keep him warm. Males tend to recover quicker but females are not far behind.

Make sure the vet gives a long acting pain killer and you might need to go back for a top up the next day as a bunny in pain won't want to eat.

Best of luck :-)

Advertisement