Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 3G upgrade

Options
  • 28-03-2007 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Whats happening with the upgrade? Thought we were meant to be up to 3Mb by the end of March? I'm still at 1Mb in cork city centre.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Tubbritt

Hello.

As far as I was aware, the plan was to have everyone at 1.8mbps by the end of March, and 3.6 by the end of June.

Regards.
    James.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

I dont know whats going on, the mast i am connected to has been in operation since november/december, its a new cell and is only on 3G, no HSDPA yet............Now i would have assumed it would have been more cost effeticive to make it HSDPA from the start?? Its just software. Its one of the only places on the Vodafone coverage map that is just red, shockingly most of the rest of the red spots are near Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I dont know whats going on, the mast i am connected to has been in operation since november/december, its a new cell and is only on 3G, no HSDPA yet............Now i would have assumed it would have been more cost effeticive to make it HSDPA from the start?? Its just software. Its one of the only places on the Vodafone coverage map that is just red, shockingly most of the rest of the red spots are near Dublin.
    Few things that might be, your settings might need to be changed to enable you to receive the higher speeds, Your using the Huawei E618 or equivalent which is only capable of regular 3g speeds. Im pretty sure that Vodafone have upgraded most of their 3g transmitter to Hspda at this stage. If I were you Id ring them and say that your in a Hspda area but are only getting 3g speeds and see what they suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Few things that might be, your settings might need to be changed to enable you to receive the higher speeds, Your using the Huawei E618 or equivalent which is only capable of regular 3g speeds. Im pretty sure that Vodafone have upgraded most of their 3g transmitter to Hspda at this stage. If I were you Id ring them and say that your in a Hspda area but are only getting 3g speeds and see what they suggest.

I hear you but at this stage I consider myself some what of an expert of 3G services, I have a Huawei E620 capable of up to 1.8Mb and a Huawei E630 capable of up to 3.6Mb and my APN for vodafone is hs.vodafone.ie so its all set up and ready to go. I will give them a call though, and see what the score is.

Advertisement