Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Settings (I think)with Windows Werver 2003 (HELP PLEASE!!!)

Options
  • 28-03-2007 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

I am using a laptop which is connected through windows server 2003
    to an Eircom Netopia Router. I cannot play online games like Counter Strike or Warcraft or use Limewire or anything like that. I think its my port settings but dont know how to access my netopia router it is connected to a firewall and when I type my IP address in my web browser nothing happens. When I type my default gatewaw address I access my windows server web site. Can I configure anything through windows server to allow me play online games etc. Can anyone help me I have tried everything and really want to play counter strike with my friend. He has the same Netopia Router but its connected straight to his computer with no firewall connected to it or anything. Thanks if anyone can help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

The default Netopia address is http://192.168.1.254

From the router's web interface, you can open up the required port for gaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Superman II

Ethernet only if it was that easy. The problem is that I have to go through windows server 2003. I cannot access my router. Please if anyone can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I guess that system is so locked down security wise. Could it be down to Windows' firewall?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

would your server have the IP of 192.168.1.254.. ?

Advertisement