Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Bathroom Sink

Options
  • 28-03-2007 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

Smashed the sink a few days ago and I'm just wondering how much a new one would cost. It's one of the small ones that you'd put in a tiny bathroom under the stairs or in a bedsit. Anyone done this themselves?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Shouldn't be a big problem to replace nor too expensive.

It would probably be covered by accidental damage insurance but the excess probably wont even be reached so probably not any use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Handy if I had some! Also, best not to let the landlord become wise of the situation. Can you give me a rough guessimate on the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

The most tricky part i find is loosening the fittings tight underneath the sink.
    They can become quite seized.
    Buy/borrow a plumbers spanner and pipe grips to see if you can do this first.
    If you cant do this much you wont be able to finish the job so time to get a pro in.
    Landlord might have a regular guy who will do it a fair price, save you getting ripped off.

good luck

Advertisement