Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Friday

• 28-03-2007 9:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if UCD will be open on Good Friday (6th April)? Or do we get a lovely four day weekend?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Been wondering about that myself. On the calendar on the site it mentions Easter Sunday, but that could be referring to getting the Monday off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

If its not a bank holiday, lectures go ahead as normal. (Though apparently it is)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

UCD is not generally open for business as usual on Good Friday. Admin, for one, will not be working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Lisapeep

Agh, the contradictions! What are you basing your statement on RedEye? I much prefer the sound of Blush's answer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I got an email from a tutor to reschedule a tutorial because UCD wouldn't be open Good Friday.

I don't care if it is open, that means I don't have to come in.

• Advertisement

Everyone should just not come in. I mean, who actually wants to?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'm not in on Friday's anyway. That said I generally avoid lectures when possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I will be missing a seminar due to it being Good Friday.

So UCD is closed then? No lectures?

Lisapeep wrote:
    So UCD is closed then? No lectures?
    Or practicals? They're my main concern since they'll affect my grade.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

It's difficult to say. In terms of staffing Good Friday is an extra day so to speak - basically if you've been working at the place for a certain period of time (I think it's a year, I'm open to correction) you are entitled to have Good Friday off, if not you're not, though most just take it as a days leave.

Thus I'm guessing the vast bulk of UCD will be closed, it has been other years anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

My labs finish on the 5th. I can't speak for anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Lisapeep wrote:
    Agh, the contradictions! What are you basing your statement on RedEye? I much prefer the sound of Blush's answer!
    My calender didnt show it as a bank holiday. But according to the internet it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Who cares about Friday, what about Monday?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Good Friday is a bank holiday, but not a public holiday. So we arent automatically entitled to the day off like we are on Easter Monday which is both.

Which doesnt answer the question at all... but I'd say we have it off. We usually do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I think we have good Friday off as I remember a lecturer complaining at a meeting that she was having to reschedule things on that day.

Ya doesn't help either. I'm pretty sure its a 4 day weekend... WOOT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

I checked at the Arts desk, Arts is apparently shut on Good Friday and the rest of the weekend, reopening Tuesday, but the main library is open on Saturday for study only, no borrowing service. I reckon that'll apply to the rest of the campus too. I hope :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

The library is oben on Good Friday from 9-17 as a reding room

Just got a reply from UCD
    Dear Sir,

The University is closed on April 6th as it a public holiday.

Regards

Student Desk
    Yay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

the chemistry timetable has friday and monday shaded off :D

4 day weekend for sure!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

ask your lecturers. all of mine have been cancelled but because of the different schools it cud be different. i have no lectures on good friday or on monday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

My Blackboard has this message
    The Quinn School will be closed over the Easter Break. The building will close at 10pm on Thursday 5th April and reopen at 8am on Tuesday 10th April

I have no lectures on a Friday so it doesn't bother me either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

when you go into your timetable on My Records, or wherever it is, lectures are scheduled for both Friday and Monday for us (science) but so far as we can gather we def have both days off...things being rescheduled etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

From what I gather the college is closed so lectures etc are off unless you are told otherwise. I know the Health sci building is closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Sarn

There are definitely no lectures in science. I'm not coming in to work and nobody I know is either. The fact that lectures were scheduled was probably an oversight on the person who put the timetable together. Who's going to risk being sent to Hell (no it isn't UCD)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Im assuming the Library will be open. SOME of us cant afford to take the day off !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Grimes wrote:
    Im assuming the Library will be open. SOME of us cant afford to take the day off !
    From 9-5, yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

danke Schon Seb. If they turn the lights off we can have our reading room romp !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Don't tease me, Grimey-boy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

WOO! friday off!!

nice one jesus!

Advertisement