Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road 2 carrigtwohill/midleton...

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Typical ROTR fare then. Clear as muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Carrigman

Amgen announced today that they would be delaying their start up by two years and that the 130 people employed on the site would be redeployed. Sounds ominous to me. What's the betting that after the election they will announce a total cessation of the project? Looks like we won't have to worry about longer term traffic delays after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

RTE report it as due to "a global review of their business needs".

That in itself sounds ominous.

It seems that a vociferous local's concern (as reported in d'Echo) relating to the Boggy Road becoming a rat run, may not now be a factor...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

just as not all men who are the dangerous drivers it is not all foreign drivers also. There is a huge level of ignorance and selfishness amongst drivers on the road and it is not helped by the fact the driver education is well below par. But we cannot just blame others all the time, yes the Government could do a lot more to improve the situation but a lot still falls on the lap of individuals. Common sense doesn't seem to exist amongst drivers these days so why are we shocked when we hear of road deaths?? I am more shocked to not hear 'more' road deaths! I see some drivers and I expect to hear of their demise in the coming future (that's one way of reducing the problem, kill em off) or what's very unfortunate is the fact that some innocent driver/pedestrian will get caught up in some nut case's poor driving and end up in a wooden box themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Something I hit upon last night while watching the news; make carrying organ donor cards compulsory for drivers. In one week the organ shortage problem would be completely wiped out nationwide. It may not solve the road deaths problem, but at least it'd be keeping some people alive. Off I go to peddle the idea to Fine Gael

• Advertisement

We're supposed to be working on credit card licences at the moment, stick it on there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Hey Rymus - that's a pretty good idea - I'd get straight onto David Staunton if you're in the East Cork area. If it's a compulsory card - it may just give drivers the reality check they need - i.e. - you could die - but somebody else gets to live their life and have fun because you gave yours to them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Driving licenses already have an optional section on the back for organ donors.
    I don't think there's any chance of more than that being done.

You can't just take organs from people, even if they're finished with them.

An awareness campaign wouldn't go astray. They love shouting the lie that speed kills, how about something truthful that would actually have an effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Here Here!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement