Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 months left..

Options
  • 28-03-2007 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Im seriously under the pile here,the pressure is starting to get to me,has anyone any revision advice for the run in,particularly in english,economics and french..subjects i shud be doing well in...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

10 weeks today to be precise. At this stage...exam questions exam questions and exam questions. Did I mention exam questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Look on the brightside, only 12 weeks till it's over!!! :D:D:D

Yup a summer of fun awaits!

Espana, Debs, Constant nights out, a breath of oxygen ;)............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

:-)

Absolutely delighted, enjoying the year more now than ever.... It's great to have the end of secondary school in sight, never had more craic in school before, and I'm feeling generally great about the LC going by my study during the year and pre results..

The best year of secondary school!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

I agree with the general consensus, it's been a good year though the pressure's kinda getting to us now. I got 465 in the mocks so things are going alright.
    OP - as regards to French, oral oral oral for the next month or so. Revision courses might help. The Revise Wise French Oral book is well worth purchasing. Work through the comprehensions in the exam papers and listen to as much as you can. Downloads and stuff.
    English - again write as many questions as you possibly can. You can possibly minimise the poets, like the women and the Irish, but just keep learning things and practise writing them out under exam conditions. With regards to Macbeth, there aren't that many questions that could come up - Macbeth, Lady Macbeth, the plot itself, kingship, Macduff, Banquo, imagery, evil and a combined question on LM and M (I realise now that it actually seems quite a lot!) I have an essay on each of those, if you don't I could possibly send them to you. The comparative basically requires learning off, which I know is suckish, but it can be done. Paper one, I can't really help there.
    Economics, no clue.

Try not to stress, I find it's just more detrimental, though that's quite hypocritical as I get pretty stressed myself. Try and keep focused, you still have a lot of time to get things done. Are you getting any grinds? Just do a little bit of everything, and it will pay off :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Hey all, Im still waiting on two last pre results but being ultra conservative it looks like Im gonna end up with about 465. I know for a fact that I have done practically no study except for cramming the nights between each pre and Im hoping to break 500 or more in June coz Im well able, just lazy. The problem is, I dont know where to start. The posters here reckon stick with exam papers from here on in but I was hoping for a more notes friendly approach. Im doing Maths (O), English (H), French (H), Irish (H), Geography (H) , History (H) and Biology (H). Im wondering if anyone knows any really effective study techniques coz Im hoping to really buckle down over the Easter hols. Any advice really appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah, we're just realising how great it is that its so close to the finish. Then again, judging by the Mock results, a lot of people could end up back in school next year. Pesonally, I'm on 290 from 6 subjects, but still have history to get back and, barring disaster, I should end up on a minimum of 310. Am hoping maybe for ~330 though(take my worst points away, Irish at Ord. level). I've a lot of English to do, so much poetry. And same with Maths, although I am just doing Exam papers really by now.

OP, I'm sure just doing a lot of those "esays" in French would help, then again, I'm not fully sure how to study it. I'm learning phrases and doing those questions, and it seems ok

You can guarantee one thing though....

As soon as June 6th comes it'll be bikini and thong weather.....its always the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

Mackleton wrote:
    Im doing Maths (O), English (H), French (H), Irish (H), Geography (H) , History (H) and Biology (H). Im wondering if anyone knows any really effective study techniques coz Im hoping to really buckle down over the Easter hols. Any advice really appreciated.

Well done! I got 465 too actually, hoping to break 500 too...
    To be honest, I can't really suggest anything except exam questions for most things, English and Maths in particular. For History, I find studying chapter by chapter works for me, we get regular tests so that's okay, and then just trying to test myself by writing an essay on what I've just learned. I've said before we've a crap biology teacher, so I've basically resorted to writing out the book in order to somehow learn by osmosis and doing the questions at the end of the chapter. I find the ReviseWise book for Bio really helpful. Don't do Geography so haven't a clue there. French - learn proverbs and handy phrases, you can slot these in at the start and end of those essay things and then write basic French for the rest of the essay. That's what I find works anyway, and it's really handy to know the verbs...
    And I haven't really started studying Irish yet, though for the Pres, I summarised every story on a separate A4 sheet, wrote out stuff about themes, characters, all that kinda stuff, and got a B. I find writing stuff out and then saying it aloud till I know it helps, but c'est moi.
    This probably won't help you much, but it's my two cents anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

cson wrote:
    You can guarantee one thing though....

As soon as June 6th comes it'll be bikini and thong weather.....its always the way.

It nearly is already down here ........ lousy global warning :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I am starting to feel the burn aswell even though I got what I needed in the mocks June has yet to come:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭shazzyshaz

wohoo people on the same wavelength as me... i got 455, need to break the 500 in june!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

We haven't even gotten all our papers back yet, so I don't know how I done.
    7 weeks to go.. I'm getting very worried, I haven't studied much at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

We haven't even gotten all our papers back yet, so I don't know how I done.
    7 weeks to go.. I'm getting very worried, I haven't studied much at all.

you will be surprised the amount you can do in these last few weeks. i study much better when put under pressure and i'm hoping to do a great deal of study come may. i'm even considering taking may off and just coming in for art history and perhaps maths!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Definately agree with you there, May is when I plan on getting the real stuff done so I probably wont come in much at all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

you will be surprised the amount you can do in these last few weeks. i study much better when put under pressure and i'm hoping to do a great deal of study come may. i'm even considering taking may off and just coming in for art history and perhaps maths!
    Ya im the same i study way better when the pressure is on, really gets me working im only 5th year but the summer exams look like a bitch...

as someone said earlier about the weather ya it always seems to be the way
    last year in the JC the room was full of people with colds (from the hot weather...:confused: ) looks like it will be that way for you guys aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

You must be loving the weather at the moment, this is leaving cert weather :D Right in the middle of the orals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

i love strudying in the warm weather!! i just take my books outside and study on the trampoline! its brilliant...unless of course some bird decides to take a dump on you...which is what happened to me last sunday!!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

i love strudying in the warm weather!! i just take my books outside and study on the trampoline! its brilliant...unless of course some bird decides to take a dump on you...which is what happened to me last sunday!!!:(
    If i tried to study outside I'd just end up staring at the sky and thinking:o

Advertisement