Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check out this spider

Options
  • 28-03-2007 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭

Sauntering around my living room last nite....biggest spider I've ever seen in Ireland, not afraid of humans either, any idea what type he is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

looks like a large common house spider to me?? Might be wrong tho. - there was a thread months back on the subject with a heap of photos - have a look you should see its perfectly harmless etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Christ, could you make it any bigger.
    Scared the bejayus out of me

Spiders scare me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭greine

Haven't a clue what it is, but it's horrible! Charge the bugger rent!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Jotter

my house is full of those big buggers! the garden isnt much better. i was up one nite with the baby and saw one crouch down to get under door, im not joking, i saw the shadow before the spider - im not afraid of them but not a fan either and the image that nite stayed with me for longer than id like!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

looks like a common house spider.

I've seen them in older houses, garden sheds at that size too.
    I'm no expert but I guess a combination of abundant food, few enemies and
    muiltiple generations of sucessful breading allows them to grow??

At that size I've actualy heard them walking! the pitter-patter of their feet along the floor.

Creepy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I used to have a lot of the buggers around the house but not anymore!
    Once the Double Glazing went in it stopped!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

That's the most horrible thing I've ever seen.

Seriously, use a hoover, your carpet is awful! :)

Oh and the spider is cool, twice i've had one crawl on me when I was asleep, massive bastards, I kicked my leg out and heard it land with a thud. They're also one of the fastest spiders in the world.

Advertisement