Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet VOIP

Options
  • 28-03-2007 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, is anyone using Magnets VOIP phone service? How do you find it and do you sky callbacks work?
    I hung onto NTL as Eircom are delaying porting my number, but the recnt traffic shaping has taken it's toll so I'll have to accept a new number from Magnet. Just wanted to make sure the phone service works and all that.

btw, is there any way NTL can traffic shape by file size? A 1.3gig demo from xbox live keeps failing at 12%, but a 700meg flew??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

magnet assure its customers that sky boxes should work, however if they do not, or if you have more than one etc, they suggest connecting them to an external ATA device instead of the port on the telsey modem. They offered to send one of these devices out if i needed it, however i havent gotten around to following that up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

I have been on Magnet VOIP/BB for the past 9 months or so , and you really wouldnt know the differance, it only took 3 weeks for EIRCOM to release and keep my original Eircom number!!!!

cramp

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It should take 3 hours of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

Thanks, Magnet have told me that Eircom are delaying porting numbers on the Sandyford exchange and advised me to change my number. I really don't want to do this, any ideas how I can push eircom?
    This has been going on since January now!

Advertisement