Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wirelesss Connection Issue

• 28-03-2007 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

I just got a BT voyager wireless 2110 and im having trouble connecting all evening. I have no problems connecting through ethernet and can browse no problems. When i try connect to a wireless connection, it wont connect.

I have a wireless card built into my laptop. When i right click view available networks there is no voyager 2110 in the list? I have tried a couple of things, but still no joy. I know my wifi card is working fine cause i could connect to my friends connection this evening while watching the ireland game.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Download and run NetStumbler or similar to check whether it can see the router.

Did you happen to change settings to connect to your friends router (Like, whether it should connect to ad-hoc only,etc.)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Did you have to change any settings on your laptop to be able to get onto the friends network, that might restrict your ability to see your own?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

NO i didn't make any changes to my laptop. My friends just disabled his security. I can't even see the my connection or that in "View available wireless networks.

Whats net stumbler? how is work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

http://www.netstumbler.com/
    NetStumbler is a tool for Windows that allows you to detect Wireless Local Area Networks (WLANs) using 802.11b, 802.11a and 802.11g.

Basically, I'd suggest using it to detect on a higher-level whether the router is broadcasting/up-and-running-with-wifi (i.e. without OS/Connection -specific information required).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Are you sure that the BT Voyager is set up correctly for wireless? did you set up a wireless network and security etc etc? always a possiblitly that you got a faulty router.

Any chance that you have accidentally turned off the wireless on the laptop?

• Advertisement
Advertisement