Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oral Chelation

• 28-03-2007 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

I'm going to have a lot of dental work done and am thinking of using chelation
    pills when having my amalgam fillings removed.
    Anyone here used chelation or know if it's worthwhile using or am i being over
    cautious?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭lomb

dentists drill and place amalgam everyday. if anyone is going to be exposed to alot of mercury it is us! i wouldnt worry about it to be honest. aditionally in removing your mercury fillings assuming they are servicable with no decay or major cracks, you could be jeopardising your teeth as no filling can be removed without removing some tooth. amalgam is still recognised as a safe, economical, and reliable filling. aditionally it is not technique sensitive and is forgiving in placement. alternatives to amalgam are very technique sensitive and if not placed exactly and methodically with good equipment fail early and can cause tooth nerve damage or decay under them leading to root canals or extractions. any way modern suction and cooling of the drill tip eliminates most any risk of vapour. i hope that answers the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

Thanks lomb,i've a funny feeling it'll be mostly extractions having avoided the
    dentist for years.
    Your post has definitely helped,thanks.

Advertisement