Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EmotiCONS

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

boreds wrote:
    Yeah. I also would like to use other ones. I shall call them smileycons from now onwards.
    See now Weedhead, I wouldn't know if you are sad or angry about the limited smileycon useage.

Copy and paste tbh.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

emot-happyelf.gif
    emot-suicide.gif

when smilies go too far...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Sarky wrote:
    Look at him there, so happy and devil-may-care, such a brave soul, he doesn't even flinch as the oversized hammer mashes him into his component pixels... *salutes*
    you can imagine him singing away "wokka wokka wokka wokka" and the BANG its all over :(

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

how do you do it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

weedhead wrote:
    hey,, how do you get those emoticons, all i get are tthe crappy standard ones :(
    Use the Cloud skin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 truewarrior

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

My current favourites.

Military apcdu3.gif

Horseshít horsemj3.gif

Locked lockfp6.gif

Read the Charter readthechartermy2.gif

Banned via PM bannedbm0.gif

Flogging a dead horse beatdeadhorsema5.gif

Giving the finger fingersmileykd3.gif

Wánker handysmileyej4.gif

The shít hits the fan hitsthefanov5.gif

Give yourself a lash zzwhipnr5.gif

Shít happens poophappenskh9.gif

A sound thrashing redasszd6.gif

I'll get me coat llgetmecoatla3.gif

Just a funny gif redxea1.gif

/Edited for clarification of use following europerson's post below

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

r3nu4l wrote:

/increasing paranoia over emoticon use

paranoid.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Hagar wrote:
    My current favourites.

apcdu3.gifhorsemj3.giflockfp6.gifreadthechartermy2.gifbannedbm0.gifbeatdeadhorsema5.giffingersmileykd3.gif

handysmileyej4.gifhitsthefanov5.gifzzwhipnr5.gifpoophappenskh9.gifredasszd6.gifllgetmecoatla3.gif

redxea1.gif
    I wonder when most of those would be appropriate to use, but I suppose just with the same odd dispersion of current smiley/emoticon usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I hate emoticons, I wish we didn't have them. People just get lazy with them instead of articulating what they actually want to say.

Most of all I hate the :rolleyes: one, intended for those who haven't grasped the subtleties of sarcasm. I'd ban people for using it if I had my way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

I always thought sarcasm isnt subtle, though irony is. Sarcasm is a type of irony but not all irony is sarcsatic. Dont know if Im right or made any sense, Im no expert

Advertisement