Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia e50 - any feedback?

• 29-03-2007 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have any feedback on the Nokia e50 (the one without the camera) - positive or negative? Also with the blackberry service on it, again positive or negative.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Not much feedback of any use. It was on my list of company phones but I rejected it because it doesn't have 3G. Not much point in having all of those e-mail and office features if it takes an age to get the content to the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

have used it directly of exchange 2003 sp2(Mail for Exchange) and also vodafone business e-mail and found both very good...obvious differences between the 2 but both good at what they do.....refuse outright to use blackberry connect...think it is the most useless piece of software

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

I've got it. I like the blackberry feature on it although it won't let me delete message headers which I find annoying.

The other thing is the text on it seems small on all elements of the operating system, whether checking emails, texting, the menu and everywhere else. That can be an issue for some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Text size wouldn't be a major issue for me, mainly for emails but the reason I'd choose that is that it's a phone as opposed to those awful Blackberry things (even the Pearl!) and the Blackberry covers my WAP aswell, which is pretty handy.

The lack of 3G is a little off putting, but I think I can cope with that if the email is push... let it arrive at it's own pace in my pocket!

Battery life etc all up to par? It's a standard symbian OS like you'd find on a N73 or something, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I'd expect battery life to be better than the N73, since that's quite a power hungry phone with a lot of features. I have an E61 myself, which is similar, and I only need to recharge it once a week, even though it's a 3G phone. I'd expect this to go at least a week.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Not too gone on the BB service on it (returned to a 7130v after a few weeks). The screen is small for emails, links don't work as well, you can't sync your contacts over the air (need PC suite) and it doesn't use the MDS for web browsing. Does have teh ability to time the BB service eg shut it off at night. Battery life was around 3-4 days.

What probably killed me most was the new Nokia charging jack - no-one has one whereas I could charge my Blackberry everywhere (well endowed with USB cables..)

However as a phone I liked it though if you wanted it to vibrate for SMS you had to let it vibrate for BB messages.

links don't work well - in what way?
    doesn't use MDS for web browsing - the acronym escapes me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Well if the links are like the E61, I assume parsi means if you highlight them in the email and select, they dont open correctly in the full browser. It opens all addresses in the wap browser by default which is a bloody pain, so you end up copying the address, exiting the mail, opening the web browser and pasting the address

MDS is Mobile Data System on Blackberrys which allows access to various applications and http connectivity using the company exchange server, but as Blackberry Connect wont allow it, I assume he had to use the standard network access point and pay fees accordingly

Full browser on the device you mean? There's 2 browsers in the device?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Yep

E50 has 2 also

http://tinyurl.com/35uc6c

• Advertisement

That's news to me - thanks!

It's easy enough to copy/paste on it though? I'll have to have a proper shot of it in the shop the next day!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

What whisht said...using MDS lets you browse happily through the company proxy whilst not racking up data charges as it all comes under the Blackberry Data (Vodafone).

Advertisement