Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What were the top bike shops in Dublin.

Options
  • 29-03-2007 12:47am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

For those that have been cycling for a long time or just getting back into it, can remember well known family bike shops that have come and gone.
    My top three I use to frequent regularly would have been, The Rutland of North Fredrick Street, Ryans of Dorset St and Sleiths of Dunlaoghaire.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FunkyDa

Harding's, on Batchelor's Walk(Dublin).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

FunkyDa wrote:
    Harding's, on Batchelor's Walk(Dublin).
    I baught my first frame set in their South Terrace branch in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Money Shot

HArdings on Bachelors walk has been closed down for a long, long time....:confused:

Money Shot wrote:
    HArdings on Bachelors walk has been closed down for a long, long time....:confused:
    We all know that. The title of this thread is "What were the top bike shops in Dublin".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Money Shot

Bradidup wrote:
    We all know that. The title of this thread is "What were the top bike shops in Dublin".

Apologies - missed the point of the 'were'. In that case, Hardings was a good shop alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

The "Rutland" in North Frederick Street.

The "Rutland" in North Frederick Street.
    I can remember all the brightly coloured Mercian frames hanging up inside the door. I would consider it the first serious bike shop in town.

Advertisement