Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25,000 Pro Evolution Soccer 6 Tournament

Options
  • 29-03-2007 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hey guys,

The Xbox Live Gaming Centre has opened registration to the M&M's Challenge. It's a big Pro Evolution Soccer 6 tournament taking place over 12 weeks in the centre, and we have a prize pool worth over €25,000.

Everyone who qualifies into the last 64 is guaranteed prizes, and the overall winner will walk away with an Xbox Home Cinema System (360, games, surround sound system, projector & more), and they also will win kit sponsorship for their club. If the winner doesn't play for a club, they can nominate their local school or club to receive the prize.

We are commencing registration now at http://www.xboxlivegamingcentre.com/cup.html and entry is €10 per person.

Any questions, let me know and I'll answer them!

Jamie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

So its only €10 entry , regardless if your a member or not??
    Any other costs involved??? ie i could walk in, hand over only my €10 for the whole event , and walk away with the prize?? :p
    Would be nice if I could get down to it, prob isnt any up north like :( Any idea on time periods of the event. Get the gf to go down for weekend shopping or sumfin ;)

Also, what controllers will be there?? Any chance PS2 pads, was gonna say could bring ur own , but dont have a 360 converter thingy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yeh, what are the chances we could use a PS2 pad?

Furthermore, if not, can you buy a converter for a 360 control pad online?

This seems like too much money to turn down :) Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

i also be interested to know if a ps2 controller with a convertor or a xbox controller in ps2 layout could be used or do you have to play with the equipment provided

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭jamiemc

Hey guys,

We are taking registration and then calling people in across a variety of days and times to take part in their heats.

The match rules are fixed, as are the equipment for the tournament. Keep firing away with questions and I'll hapilly answer them.

Cheers

Jamie

Ok, well if thats the case, does anyone know where you can get a XBox 360 controller converter for the PC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

whats the address ?

"All matches take place on the 1st floor of the Xbox Live Gaming Centre on Sth William Street, Dublin 2"

makes no sense

Normal wired official Xbox 360 pads work fine on PC's, you just have to get a driver for them.

The address is 51 South William Street, Dublin 2

cool, cheers, time to get used to a weird controller :P

if anyone wants to organise a group of 16 or 32 (ie a school, football club or group from work) to come up and compete, please get in touch with us and we'll make the arrangements

Jamie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Have registered - could be interesting...

Not going to be a case of lose one game and you're out is it?

🤪

• Advertisement

no, there'll be a group stage and the top two from this group will go through to the last 16, so everyone will get a few games

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

sounds cool

Is there an age limit to it? for example, could my 13 year old brother enter? He's much better than i am! and if he wins, i can keep the prize :)

There is no age limit at all. The tournament is open to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I have registered on the site, can I just pay in-store? And when by?

🤪

Yeh, when do we have to pay in store by?

bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

tank top is entered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

guys can someone clear up for me.......Is there an option to use a converter for a PS2 pad, or does it have to be the offical xbox pad used?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Tuffinho_LFC

So does this finish on 1 day event??? because im far away from Dublin

Hey guys,

Sorry for being away for the last few days, it's been hectic in here getting ready for the launch of this.

Anyway, tomorrow (Thursday 19th April) sees the official launch of the M&M's Challenge 2007 Pro Evolution Soccer Tournament.

This tournament is in association with A2ZSoccer.com , Reebok, screenclick.com, Spin 1038 and the Evening Herald.

We have announced the full details of prizes and the schedule of events at http://xboxlivegamingcentre.com/cup.html , but I'll put it in pretty simple terms here.

Where we stand right now
    We have had a fantastic response to the tournament so far with over 250 people registering so far, and it's only officially starting now.

We have 13 qualifying events which are taking place on the following dates:

April Dates
    Sunday 22nd @ 2pm - 6pm
    Thursday 26th @ 6pm - 10pm
    Sunday 29th @ 2pm - 6pm

May Dates
    Thursday 3rd @ 6pm - 10pm
    Sunday 6th @ 2pm - 6pm
    Monday 7th @ 2pm - 6pm
    Thursday 10th @ 6pm - 10pm
    Sunday 13th @ 2pm - 6pm
    Thursday 17th @ 6pm - 10pm
    Sunday 20th @ 2pm - 6pm
    Thursday 24th @ 6pm - 10pm
    Sunday 27th @ 2pm - 6pm
    Thursday 31st May @ 6pm - 10pm

Knockout Round
    Sunday 3rd June 12pm - 6pm

Final
    Bank Holiday Moday 4th June 12pm - 6pm

Your event day
    The basic rundown of the day is as follows. 32 people participate in each event which lasts for approx 3 hours. You can play clubs, and we have set rules for all tournament matches. The 32 are split into eight groups of four players. Play everyone in your group twice, and the top two from each group progress to the last sixteen. This means you'll get decent value for money for your tenner with six games.

From the last sixteen it's knockout, extra time and penalties. Sixteen becomes eight, eight becomes four, and these four then progress to our knockout round on Sunday 3rd June. The top 64 after the knockout round go through to the final.

If you're in the final you are guaranteed a copy of Pro Evo 6 on Xbox 360 and Reebok prizes, as well as a load of XLGC spot prizes. The further you progress in the tournament, the better the prizes become.

If you get into the final, you and your local club are guaranteed prizes. The winner overall walks away as champion, gets an Xbox Home Cinema System, and they can then give a brand new Reebok kit for 15 players to their local football club or school.

This is the first time a tournament of this scale has been run in Ireland, and we have a huge amount of interest in this tournament. If we need to add in extra dates to accomodate interest, we will do so, but you can't take part unless you do two things.

1) go to xboxlivegamingcentre.com/cup.html and register on the a2zsoccer website. This will register you for the tournament as well as the pesrankings.com website (Konami's internationally ranked PES6 league).
    2) pay your tenner by calling into the centre after you have registered, buying the ticket online when you registered.

You're in, Andrew Richardson who is running the administration of the tournament will contact you by phone or email to get you in on the date of your choice (if it's not full) and we'll see you on the day!

Any questions, send me a PM, pop into the centre or call us on 01 6750544.

Thanks for the interest guys, it's going to be a fantastic tournament!

Jamie

• Advertisement
Advertisement