Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

library fines

Options
  • 29-03-2007 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭

hey, can anyone tell me how much they charge for late books in the library in bolton st.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Beekay wrote:
    hey, can anyone tell me how much they charge for late books in the library in bolton st.?
    Think it's about €25 per week overdue for a month, untill they carge you €100 a week. Eventually, they charge you for the book and you get kicked out of DIT, a jail sentance and get banned from every third level institution in Ireland. I could be wrong though.

In reality, I think it's only about €5 per week overdue for three or four weeks untill they charge you for the book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Beekay wrote:
    30 cent per day.

You won't get charged for the price of a book unless it is never returned.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i've had one out since 02,,,chuckles, i buy my books now out of fear

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

Short Loan items may be borrowed for 24 hours and overdue fines are 50cent per hour €1.60; If borrowed on a friday they are due back by 10.30am on a monday.

Week Loans are for 7 days and the overdue fines are €1.50 per day.

Normal loans are €0.3 a day

Max fine is €30

So you technically you can borrow a €100 book, 'lose' it and only pay €30 for it after a few months.

Short Loan items may be borrowed for 24 hours and overdue fines are 50cent per hour €1.60; If borrowed on a friday they are due back by 10.30am on a monday.

Week Loans are for 7 days and the overdue fines are €1.50 per day.

Normal loans are €0.3 a day

Max fine is €30

So you technically you can borrow a €100 book, 'lose' it and only pay €30 for it after a few months.
    Not so. If you lose it or 'lose' it you will be made pay for the full price of replacing the book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,381 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

so, if you never return it you wont have to pay more than €30

Mellor wrote:
    so, if you never return it you wont have to pay more than €30
    No. If you never return it you have to pay for a replacement book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

Hi just wondering if anyone could let me know - I found four or five books the other day when I was cleaning that are from the library - Yikes :eek: - and they were meant to be returned in October!! Thought I had returned them but I obviously didn't!! Now I am going to be charged a small fortune if I return them??? Or will I just pay €30 per book - it was an honest mistake - I really wish they would go back to the old system of sending you out a letter!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

I thought they sent out reminder emails?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

well i don't know what address they send mine to but I have never received an email yet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I somehow built up a €75 fine on a book in UL a few years back, the librarian took one look at me, realised I wasn't going to pay it and cancelled it there and then!! I have yet to test the mettle of the Bolton St. librarians though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

it ended up only costing €2.70 to keep three books an extra two weeks...

Advertisement