Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where to get a good facial?

• 29-03-2007 1:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭

so my skin is a bit of a mess, and im looking to give it a bit of tlc. however i dont really know too much about skincare tbh. i'd like to get a facial done, but im not really sure whats involved, or what kind of prices i'd be looking at. has anyone had one done anywhere they could recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

give it a rest kids. no more of the money shot jokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

I'd reccommednd getting one done in any beauty salon that uses Dermalogica products, I find that if they stock these products they are a good place to go, I've heard that special training has to be given before they are allowed to use this range.
    I have combination skin, dry patches on my cheeks and forhead, but a tendancy to get acne on my chin and nose.
    I went to a salon in Roscommon, Enhance, that used Dermoligica, any good place should be able to offer you a custom facilal, where they assess you face and use specific products and treatments tailor-made for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

^^^ a lot of ranges provide special training for their facials, in fact most proper ranges do, and by proper i mean ones that haven't just been bought in salon services.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Kaylee

The two most popular/best rated would be (as mentioned) the Dermalogica facial, and the Cathiodermie facial.

I've had a good few Cathiodermie facials over the years, and I have to say my skin always feels and looks wonderful afterwards. It involves a blackhead extraction and electrode currents to stimulate the skin(!), sounds mad but it's great. It's also very relaxing - as well as facial massage it usually incorporates a neck/shoulder massage.

I've heard great things about Dermalogica though. I might try it out next time I feel like splashing out (both are quite expensive).

HTH

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

hrm, that Cathiodermie facial sounds like a plan, i do have a bit of a blackhead problem i'd like to get sorted. i'm also looking to pick up a few tips on how to better take care of my skin in future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Kaylee

i'm also looking to pick up a few tips on how to better take care of my skin in future

They'll defo try to flog products to you after your facial - be strong :D
    take any samples they offer, and have a good look online for other peoples experiences before you fork out your hard earned cash (I find www.makeupalley.com very good).

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Scrumptious

I am not sure where you are located but Daydream in Terenure use Aveda products and sell Dermalogica products so they may use them as well, not sure.

I have had a few facials from there and my skin has always been the better for it.

They do a basic, personal and premium option for duration and price.
    Their website is http://www.daydream.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

You cannot go wrong with an elemis facial. There the best beauty products imho. Theres a special elemis spa in Dundrum where the facials are just AMAZING. You'll feel like you went to heaven and back :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

panda100 wrote:
    You cannot go wrong with an elemis facial. There the best beauty products imho. Theres a special elemis spa in Dundrum where the facials are just AMAZING. You'll feel like you went to heaven and back :)

whereabouts in Dundrum is that one, panda?
    And do they do the blackhead removal as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

most facials would include a black head removal as far as i know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

not necessarily

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Meh, I had an Elemis facial before, and I didn't think it was great :( Wouldn't really get another one. It was relaxing but didn't see any improvements really.

Advertisement