Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier League 2007 - Week 9

• 29-03-2007 7:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Fixtures
    Thursday March 29
    Rivermead Centre, Reading

Raymond van Barneveld v Colin Lloyd
    Terry Jenkins v Roland Scholten
    Dennis Priestley v Phil Taylor
    Adrian Lewis v Peter Manley

Table after week 8
    Phil Taylor 8 5 3 0 61 38 25 13
    Dennis Priestley 8 5 2 1 60 40 25 12
    R van Barneveld 8 4 2 2 56 45 20 10
    Terry Jenkins 8 4 2 2 57 48 17 10
    Roland Scholten 8 2 2 4 45 54 17 6
    Peter Manley 8 2 1 5 38 59 13 5
    Colin Lloyd 8 2 0 6 45 55 19 4
    Adrian Lewis 8 2 0 6 34 57 9 4

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Some interesting games on tonight. The first one is a huge game for Colin Lloyd because he simply has to win if he is have any chance of reaching the semi's. Its going to be very tough for him against Barney but Lloyd showed last week that maybe he is finding some form again and I think he will give Barney a good game tonight although I think Barney will be too strong for him on the night. Barney to win.

Terry Jenkins has been on fire in recent weeks and is the real surprise in for many people so far. Scholten had his best performance of the tournament last week as he drew with Taylor and had a real chance to win. He also averaged 99 which was his best average. The thing about Scholten though is that he is very inconsistant and I cant see him reaching that standard again this week. Jenkins is getting better every week and I can see him winning this. It will be close though.

Match of the night for me is Priestley against Taylor. These two have had some brilliant matches over the years and they are both in great form as they currently sit one and two in the League. Priestley hasnt beaten Taylor in a major in a long long time but I dont think he is going to get a better chance than tonight. If he can play as consistantly as he has been then he can give Taylor a real game tonight. Im really looking forward to this one and it could be another draw.

Lewis should have the quality to beat Manley in the final match of the night but you just never know what Adrian Lewis will show up. Will it be the focused Lewis who has the abilty to beat anyone or will it be the arrogant Lewis who turned up last week and got a hammering by Barney. Lewis has lost his last 5 matches in the League and needs a win just to restore some pride. He sits at the bottom of the League and that has to be hurting him. Manley again is inconsistant. If he can hit his doubles he always has a chance but his scoring is just not good enough to keep up with most players. If Lewis has his head right then he will win.

Cant wait for Priestley V Taylor. Come on Dennis :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

Can we finally get a win out of Ade 2nite or am I showing blind faith at this stage. Hope he performs to his undoubted ability for all to see against Manley, when he plays well he plays really well, maybe we'll see the real ade tonight. Have to agree though, he could dop with some points in the league. Did a little fun accum of your selections kingp, hope your selections come in....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Results

Colin Lloyd 8-6 Raymond van Barneveld
    Terry Jenkins 8-6 Roland Scholten
    Phil Taylor 8-2 Dennis Priestley
    Peter Manley 8-4 Adrian Lewis

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Barney was poor again but fair play to Lloyd. He seems determined to qualify and is the man in form at the moment. Jenkins gets another win under his belt but he made hard work of it. Great start to go 6-0 up but he did his best to throw it away before winning 8-6. He is a real dark horse for the tournament now.

Priestley was very disappointing against Taylor, he just couldnt get going. Taylor with another clinical performance and I think he will top the league now. Lewis again fails to live up to his potential as he loses to Manley. Im beginning to wonder if he has what it takes to win a major. he now has no chance of going through but Manley is still in with a shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

i think lewis gets put off by the crowd too much hes not able to handle the pressure these days

• Advertisement
Advertisement