Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wooden Wedding Anniversary

• 29-03-2007 9:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭

Mrs Billy & I will be 5 years married next Friday. I am reliably informed that this is our "Wooden" wedding anniversary.

Can anyone give me ideas for a small wood-related present? It has to be small as I am taking her & HB Jr I & II on hols for Easter & I'll need to hide the pressie in our bags.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

You probably have already given her one of these already but if not a musical jewlery box is lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Thanks Cathy. The jewellery box was bought a few years ago.
    Will keep on thinking.

Hope you're doing OK. Your in our prayers. ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

How about a small carved item like a heart? Something that she could keep on the mantlepiece or something.

Or (though this may be a little big) a wooden frame that has lots of boxes in it and can be mounted on the wall, that you can then get things for her future birthdays/anniversarys/Christmas etc like a small ceramic thing or a cystal thing or just an interesting looking shell. I hope you understand what I'm getting at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Traditional 5th anniv gift is wood.
    Contemporary 5th anniv. Gift is Silverware.

Traditional gift idea - nice tree from local garden centre.
    Contemporary gift idea - bracelet watch for Newbridge silverware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Thanks to all for your ideas. I certainly have some food for thought. Going into town today - so I'll let you know how I get on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement