Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Net Send Command

Options
  • 29-03-2007 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I use the:

net send * message

command fairly frequently here in work to get important notices to all users (e-mail is not good enough as not everyone checks their e-mail frequently).

However, I have been told that not all users are receiving this message. Would anyone know why this would be. The server runs Win 2003 Server, and the computers are nearly all Win XP Pro and a few Win 2K machines. All the machines are on the same DHCP domain. There is no obvious common demoninator between the machines which do not receive this message.

Cheers in advance.
    P.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

My best bet is:

If the clients are xpsp2 it is disabled by default

in services.msc
    its the service called "messenger"

Can be enabled using a gpo or script if you have login scripts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Thanks,

Did a bit of research since my first post, and it seems that some machines have the messenger service switched off. Your post is further confirmation.

Cheers for your help.
    P.

Advertisement