Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NI vs Sweden

• 29-03-2007 10:53am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭

I can't see a thread on this so...
    Firstly, we've done it again! Top of the group, for the time being anyways.
    Secondly, could somebody show the English how fans are supposed to behave?

S.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Fair play, they are the kind of results that come from players showing heart and the manager picking a competent team and instilling belief.

Top of the group is fantastic at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

great result. top of their group.... they are putting the republic to shame. Great first goal by Healy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,126 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Healy is class apart - what the hell is he doing at Leeds? I don't think he's even getting a game there at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

I'm delighted for them. Healy must be a real legend up there what with his winner against England, hattrick winner against Spain (!), hattrick against Liechtenstein and his two goals last night. Imagine the mayhem here if we had beaten England or Spain, even Sweden in those circumstances. Great stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Great stuff from Norn Iron but i can't see them qualifying, obviously they have a great shot but Spain and Sweden should have enough in the tank to pass them, they'll be rueing that loss to Iceland come November. And living off one player will cost them if he were to get Injured.

I'd tip them for third which for them would be a great achievement. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Fair play to the north, another great result for them. Healy is now the top scorer for in Euro 2008 qualification which is no mean achievement.
    Doubt they will qualify though, really tough run in
    I want Lawrie sanchez as our manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

loyatemu wrote:
    Healy is class apart - what the hell is he doing at Leeds? I don't think he's even getting a game there at the moment.

I flicked over at half time in the Irish game to see how they were doin and the Beeb just started a pitch side interview with Denis Wise. The reporter asked him how come Healy hasnt been getting a game and just as he finished the question the Norn Iron fans started chanting "Are you watching Denis Wise":D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

loyatemu wrote:

Because he is useless. He does absolutely nothing in games. I love the way everyone think she is this great player because they see him scoring for the north. He is an average Championship player and will never be anymore than that. He doesnt get his game with Leeds for a reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Leeds don't use him.
    The guy is the classic egotistical football player. He is a good player, but in order to be so, he needs to be the star of the team, the guy everyone looks to, the guy the manager relies on, and everybody has to act accordingly. He has that playing for the North, he doesn't have it playing anywhere else.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

PHB wrote:
    Leeds don't use him.
    The guy is the classic egotistical football player. He is a good player, but in order to be so, he needs to be the star of the team, the guy everyone looks to, the guy the manager relies on, and everybody has to act accordingly. He has that playing for the North, he doesn't have it playing anywhere else.

You see this doesnt make sense either. He was the star player at Preston but he still only scored between 10 - 15 goals a season in the Championship. He is an average player. Tbh I would LOVE if some club came in with an offer for Healy. I would bite their hand off for even £1m for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Kingp35 wrote:
    You see this doesnt make sense either. He was the star player at Preston but he still only scored between 10 - 15 goals a season in the Championship. He is an average player. Tbh I would LOVE if some club came in with an offer for Healy. I would bite their hand off for even £1m for him.

Well with Leeds in their current predicament I would have assumed a guy who is going to score between 10 and 15 Championship is an asset to you? Healy is an excellent player if used right i.e. as the focal point of the attack as he is with the North.

Xavi6 wrote:
    Well with Leeds in their current predicament I would have assumed a guy who is going to score between 10 and 15 Championship is an asset to you? Healy is an excellent player if used right i.e. as the focal point of the attack as he is with the North.

Yes but also remember that he is the penalty taker and has been at all the clubs he has played for so that adds to his goal tally.

Kingp35 wrote:
    Yes but also remember that he is the penalty taker and has been at all the clubs he has played for so that adds to his goal tally.

Well penos are necessarily gimmes. Still have to be put away. Healy's an excellent asset to any Championship team, whether at the top or bottom, and Wise's decision to omit him from the Leeds team is ridiculous.

Xavi6 wrote:
    Well penos are necessarily gimmes. Still have to be put away. Healy's an excellent asset to any Championship team, whether at the top or bottom, and Wise's decision to omit him from the Leeds team is ridiculous.

Well Xavi im just wondering how much of Leeds matches you have seen. Healy has been rubbish all season and doesnt deserve to be starting. He does nothing in a game and is a liability at the moment. Pretty much every Leeds fan will you tell how poor he has been. You see it annoys the hell of me that he puts so much effort in for the North and none for Leeds but it has always been the case, not just under Wise. He didnt get his game for us last season either under Blackwell when we got to the final of the play-offs.

I cant explain why he does so well for the north but he has never been any more than an average player for every club side he has played for in his career so far.

Kingp35 wrote:
    Well Xavi im just wondering how much of Leeds matches you have seen. Healy has been rubbish all season and doesnt deserve to be starting. He does nothing in a game and is a liability at the moment. Pretty much every Leeds fan will you tell how poor he has been. You see it annoys the hell of me that he puts so much effort in for the North and none for Leeds but it has always been the case, not just under Wise. He didnt get his game for us last season either under Blackwell when we got to the final of the play-offs.

I cant explain why he does so well for the north but he has never been any more than an average player for every club side he has played for in his career so far.

My Dad's an avid Leeds fan so I've seen my fair share of games to be able to give an informed opinion.

You can say that Healy plays bad for Leeds but can you also say that many of their players have played well? He's not the only one who has underperformed. Basically as far as I'm concerned, a team that is in the basement of the Championship needs players with Healy's ability.

Xavi6 wrote:
    He's not the only one who has underperformed. Basically as far as I'm concerned, a team that is in the basement of the Championship needs players with Healy's ability.

Very true and there is no denying his ability, I think its his attitude thats the problem. He loves playing for the North because he is the huge star where at club level he is just another player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Reminds me a bit of the situation with McAteer when he was playing great for Ireland but couldn't get a game at club level.

Advertisement