Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP Custom Firmware and DevHook?

Options
  • 29-03-2007 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭

Mods remove this if innapropriate!

My UMD drive is b0rked and i cant play some of my games (obviously) on my psp. I have 3.03 OE-C and i backed up most of my games thankfully before this crisis because i would have preferred to run them off the MSduo (got me 4gig today!!:) )

Gta LCS and Burnout Dominator wont run unless theres a UMD in the drive!! So what im asking here, would Devhook run these games without having a UMD in the drive?

I have a UMD drive ordered but its going to be a pain in the hole to open the PSP! Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

I think if you start the PSP in recovery mode you can set the PSP to run without a UMD in it.
    I know a friend who claims he never has a disc in the drive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

Yes u can set the psp to load games without a UMD in the drive using the recovery console (an absolute lifesaver for my friend who spilled ribena all over his psp -idiot :D ) but some games will still not work without a UMD in the drive. You can try upgrading to 3.10OE A' afaik it has better no-umd emulation support, but you will still be unable to play some games. I'm afraid your stuck until your new UMD drive arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

I guarantee it wont play my specific games on 3.10 OE-A! I wish there was a compatibility list or something. I was against all this backup games crack until the drive stopped working.

I really dont like the idea of opening up the psp. Theres this catch you need to pry open and can easily break, i can see that happening to me.

Theres always a catch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭That Guy 901

Ye I do believe Alex's custom firmware can run backed up games without the need for a UMD in the drive. Im not sure about all games though, but definately a few that Ive tried.

Good luck!

Yeah have that firmware, still no luck with the games mentioned above.

May get back into my final fantasy games. I had my XMB customised and for some reason that fecked up the ps1 emulator! So i rolled back my flash0 to my old files and it came back again!

I think its the gameboot.pmf that fecks the ps1 emu.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭That Guy 901

Yea, Alot of people messed up their game booting up by changing the fonts of their system and the themes. The PSX emulator does not like different variations for some reason. Just a message of warning to people.

Try reinstalling the firmware and try running with that. Or have you already tried that?

Oh no the psx emulator is fine now. The games (not the two i want) were booting grand just not that emulator. Dunno why i mentioned that earlier, just thought id throw in a bit of advice!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Calos

devhook has no, no-umd support at all.

oe is your only option, you need to repair it drive can be found quite cheaply on ebay.

but before doing that, boot into recovery mode, then go to advanced then advanced configuration, mess with them three options in that menu and it may work.

Well, received my UMD drive this morning/this afternoon. I am offically scared and baffled by the fragility of it, but no matter, me and the mate will give it a go.

Anyhoo, besides that, if anyone has a b0rked UMD drive and has their games backed up i found out last night that the custom firmware 2.71 SE-C has the best no-UMD support. It might not have the best (if any) psx emulator or even a recovery mode for that matter, i dunno, i havent used it.

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=33880

Advertisement