Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Games for 360?

• 29-03-2007 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hey all,
    I hopefully will be getting a 360 this weekend, and just wondering what are the best games out there? Or even what xbox1 games are a must? (Like Halo 1&2) Also what games have good online support.

I like most games, not really into RPG's

Will be look at second hand games mostly as I can't afford new ones and the console!!

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

My advise to you is to head out to Smyths in clondalkin for good second hand games deals!! Buy 2 get 1 free on all preowned X360 games.

Pro Evo 6 is a decent game:
    Ghost Recon aka GRAW is cool:
    Gears of War (GOW) is savage:
    I got all three of the above in the 3 for 2 deal for €70!! ;)

PGR3 is a really decent game: Can be gotten for €20 second hand in most places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Lego Starwars II

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

What type of games are you into?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Whenever I do a list, I always forget something :o
    Right after I post this I'm sure I'll remember something ("Damnit! That should be in the list!").

Ones I'd personally recommend:

360: Viva Pinata, Gears of War, Dead Rising, Rainbow 6 Vegas, Oblivion. I really liked Condemned and it should be cheap now, especially secondhand. Guitar Hero II is out soon and is good but definitely not cheap.

Xbox (but 360 compatible): Psychonauts (yes!), Halos, SW Knights of the Old Republic, Ninja Gaiden (Black), Buffy (the first one), Call of Cthulhu, Jade Empire, Half-Life 2 (if you don't have a PC).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Project Gotham Racing 3 is the best racing game I've ever played. Actually, it's the 2nd best, the best being some Sega Dreamcast one in an Arcade with a Ferrari 348 in it... don't remember the name, but I was a gran tourismo fan till I played PGR 3. Because of it I'm considering buying a 360 - it's that good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

PGR3 is a good racing game, though from what I hear Forza (for the xbox not 360) is supposed to be a really good raacing simulator. Both could be picked up quite cheap as they have been out for over a year.

Other recommendations:
    Rainbow 6 Vegas
    Gears of War
    Graw (1 or 2)
    Splinter Cell Double Agent
    Halo 2 (xbox1)
    Pro Evo 6 (do not get any fifa game)
    Call of Duty(2 or 3)

It really depends on what genre of games you like. Most of the above are FPS(or some variation) but are all quality games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Got Rainbow 6 Vegas the other day and im really impressed. Id recommend either picking up that or Gears Of War.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Forza is excellent!! Forza 2 is about to be realesed in the next 2 months for the 360!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Yep, Forza 2 is due for release in May and looks to be one of the greatest racing games ever released on the xbox/ 360.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

jonny24ie wrote:
    My advise to you is to head out to Smyths in clondalkin for good second hand games deals!! Buy 2 get 1 free on all preowned X360 games.

Pro Evo 6 is a decent game:
    Ghost Recon aka GRAW is cool:
    Gears of War (GOW) is savage:
    I got all three of the above in the 3 for 2 deal for €70!! ;)

PGR3 is a really decent game: Can be gotten for €20 second hand in most places.

where is smyth's in clondalkin? is it in the village?

No its on the fonthill road!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

ntlbell wrote:
    where is smyth's in clondalkin? is it in the village?

On the Fonthill Road on the left hand side if you're heading towards Liffey Valley Shopping Centre from Clondalkin.

It's in the same Industrial Estate as the NCT testing centre, Elverys Sports, Powercity and Aldi.

I never call that Clondalkin Smyths, just Fonthill Smyths or Liffey Valley Smyths, people usually know which one it is when you say that.

The 3 for 2 on used games offer applies to all Smyths stores AFAIK.

Oh yeah and Forza is good and also 360 compatible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

koneko wrote:
    Xbox (but 360 compatible): Psychonauts (yes!), Halos, SW Knights of the Old Republic, Ninja Gaiden (Black), Buffy (the first one), Call of Cthulhu, Jade Empire, Half-Life 2 (if you don't have a PC).

If you don't have a PC but want HL2, you're probably much better off waiting for it to be released specifically for the 360 along with Episodes 1 & 2 instead of getting the older Xbox compatible version.

Like others have already done, I heartily recommend Gears of War and Rainbow Six: Vegas. Also, Rockstar Table Tennis is excellent fun, and cheap too (well, 50 euro new instead of 75).

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

Thanks all, I would be mostly a FPS kinda guy!
    Halo(s) and Gears of War are defo on the list.

I am only getting the xbox after playing all of Gears of War with a friend last Sat and lots of fun with Halo2 multiplayer!

Oh and I have starwars lego on the PSP! It rocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Can't recommend Chronicles of Riddick on the xbox enough. Wicked game.
    Also XIII is very good and the prince of persia games are excellent and I think you can get a special package of all three together quite cheap. I really liked prey and perfect dark on the 360 and can sell them to you cheap if you are interested.

Branoic wrote:
    If you don't have a PC but want HL2, you're probably much better off waiting for it to be released specifically for the 360 along with Episodes 1 & 2 instead of getting the older Xbox compatible version.

True, and a fair point.

the-ging, for FPSs, Halos and Gears are a great place to start. RB6 Vegas is good too, especially if you want to play online, and you should be able to get GRAW at a decent price.

Oh and remember to check http://www.play-asia.com
    You can select 360 and then under Version select Region Free, good bargains to be had there sometimes.

Chronicles of Riddick is kickass, but unfortunately not 360 compatible, so I didn't put that on my list above.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,816 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I would forget about Gears of War until after you have bought Rainbow Six Vegas. It's a much superior game to Gears of War which I found pretty but didn't do anything special. R6Vegas on the other hand, kicks a fair amount of ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I would forget about Gears of War until after you have bought Rainbow Six Vegas. It's a much superior game to Gears of War which I found pretty but didn't do anything special. R6Vegas on the other hand, kicks a fair amount of ass.

couldn't agree more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Retr0gamer wrote:

I completely agree also.

Any news on the extra content that was promised for R6V? I heard it was due late march.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

earth defense force 2017

best game on the machine by a mile imo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,816 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Helix wrote:
    earth defense force 2017

This looks like a serious amount of fun. Hopefully will be picking this up next along with the last game on the PS2 if I can find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

fun doesnt even begin to describe it

its just amazing

i defy anyone with a soul not to love it

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Retr0gamer wrote:

lexluthorwrongvj2.jpg

Gears > R6V.
    R6 IS good but its not a patch on gears for all out action. Gears has better online and co-op too. R6 online i just cant get into, its like they ported a playstation 2 title to the 360 and disguised it as the multiplayer component of R6V.

Helix wrote:
    earth defense force 2017

And super-cheap on Play.com
    Mine has yet to arrive, looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

0ubliette wrote:
    Gears > R6V.
    R6 IS good but its not a patch on gears for all out action. Gears has better online and co-op too. R6 online i just cant get into, its like they ported a playstation 2 title to the 360 and disguised it as the multiplayer component of R6V.

I'm sorry but anyone who thinks Gears of War 4 on 4 multiplayer deathmatch is better than the expanse that is multiplayer in RB6V is just plain wrong.

Infact I have never even finished a level of single player on RB6V as the multiplayer is way too much fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Get Crackdown too. Mindless fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Retr0gamer wrote:

I'm gonna have to go ahead and agree with that too!!

Advertisement