Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Games for 360?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

koneko wrote:
    Chronicles of Riddick is kickass, but unfortunately not 360 compatible, so I didn't put that on my list above.

have to say i'm pretty unimpressed with the 360's backward compatibility. Have 2 more kick ass games: Full Spectrum Warrior and Panzer Dragoon Orta that wont play on my 360 so therefore dont look right on my lcdtv when played from xbox1
    Microsoft and 360 fanboys should stop slagging the eurpoean ps3 for removing the ps2 emotion chip that gave 100% backward compatibly, as all they did was follow M$, and demand more compatibly for xbox games.
    rant over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I was never that happy with the Xbox's compatibility, but they do actively add titles, something that IIRC won't really be happening with the PS3 (I believe when they were asked that direct question, they said "We will be focusing on next-gen content".) You can send MS suggestions (I mailed them before asking about Psychonauts and Buffy, both have since been added)

The problem with the European PS3 compatibility is that the rest of the world got 100%, but for the Euro release that changed. If it had been that way all along it would be different, people are upset that Europe once again got the short end of the stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

Scruff wrote:
    have to say i'm pretty unimpressed with the 360's backward compatibility. Have 2 more kick ass games: Full Spectrum Warrior and Panzer Dragoon Orta that wont play on my 360 so therefore dont look right on my lcdtv when played from xbox1
    Microsoft and 360 fanboys should stop slagging the eurpoean ps3 for removing the ps2 emotion chip that gave 100% backward compatibly, as all they did was follow M$, and demand more compatibly for xbox games.
    rant over

I know I was hoping for a bit of MechAssault2 on the 360 when I get it, but alas its not meant to be... :(

Stupid Microsoft!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

PGR3 FTW!!!
    GOW FTW!!!
    COD2 FTW!!!
    COD3 FTW!!!
    GRAW FTW!!!
    SCDA FTW!!!
    PES6 FTW!!!

Everything FTW!!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Whats san andreas like on the 360? i mean is it a good backward compatble game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭Elessar

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I would forget about Gears of War until after you have bought Rainbow Six Vegas. It's a much superior game to Gears of War which I found pretty but didn't do anything special. R6Vegas on the other hand, kicks a fair amount of ass.

I do not agree with this at all. I have both and GOW is a far superior game. R6V is "ok" but the graphics are terribly bland and unimaginative in comparisson and the story is awful. Gameplay is the same stuff I've seen forever. I get bored very quickly with it, and still haven't finished it.

I would honestly get GOW first - it will "WOW" you into thinking the 360 is a truely amazing games machine. First experiences are important you know :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Dead rising!

Just dont go killing too many zombies.

Saints Row is also highly addictive, especially for FF fans ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Rainbow 6 is the best game by far. Note: I have every rainbow 6 game on the PC and original XBOX, desperately wanted to like them but hated them all... Rainbow 6 vegas is something else. Maybe its the cover mechanic which is also implemented in GOW, but not nearly as well..

Gears of war is fun and pretty, nowhere near the depth of RB6, but still a must have.

Dead rising is the most fun you can have with a baseball bat / plastic sword / cash register... anyone who has played it knows what I mean ! Worth having despite its faults.

Its a shame you don't like RPG's because Oblivion might well be a contender for best game (but I was addicted to Morrowind on the PC so I am biased).

Project Gotham can be got for 20 quid almost anywhere, its a must have at that price.

After that Splinter Cell and the call of Duties are worth a punt. Fight Night 3 is also preowned for 20 in Smyths and it looks superb, great game to show of the machine and good fun for a while. Ghost recon is good, not as good as Rainbow 6, but still one of the better games on the system. Lost planet is alright only, but I would wait until it dropped to a budget price.

Pro Evo 6 is good, was hoping for more, but my god Fifa 07 is beyond awful it plays like someone wrote it as a college project, jerky play and unrealistic tactics. Avoid.

Whatever you do avoid the no-namers, i.e. the outfit, chromehounds, all that kind of stuff. There is some terrible dross on the machine too. Oh yes the need for speeds are awful, if you really must have a driving game other than PGR3 get Test Drive Unlimited.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,704 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Dead Rising is worth a buy (they are selling it off cheap in HMV at the moment). Murderising up zombies is great fun, although it has a number of near-self destructive gameplay issues. But the fun factor just about overrides these.

I have a soft spot for Gears of War. Again, imperfect - short, repetitive etc... But while I hated Halo, GoW is pretty damn immersive. Great fun online, and a fine challenge in the harder modes.

Oblivion is probably the best game on the system. Seriously consider it, even if you are not an RPG fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭collie1

I'd recommend any of the Tom Clancy titles,COD,Dead or Alive 4.For original xbox games there is one i would recommend without hesitation.Ninja Gaiden(Black). What a game!!! I still play it to this day.
    Gamertag:collie1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

I just ordered Earth defence force thing - helix you better be right!!

Lego star wars 2 is seriously good fun. simple, stupid, funny.

Great two player also.

If youre having beers with mates, the best is tiger woods golf. Take your shot, drink / laugh at other persons shot. Take your shot again. Repeat until ready to go out / run out of beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Dead Rising is worth a buy (they are selling it off cheap in HMV at the moment). Murderising up zombies is great fun, although it has a number of near-self destructive gameplay issues. But the fun factor just about overrides these.

Was gonna order this on Play for €38.99. How much is it in HMV?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,704 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Kernel wrote:
    Was gonna order this on Play for €38.99. How much is it in HMV?

50 euro (and 10% off student discount) BUT tis part of the buy one get one free deal. Other games are more expensive, so I just got two copies for 50, and traded one in in GAME for 32 euro. Not bad really.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,816 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on Xbox Live arcade. None of the modern titles on the 360 come close to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Feidhlim wrote:
    I just ordered Earth defence force thing - helix you better be right!!

trust me on this one man, its amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on Xbox Live arcade. None of the modern titles on the 360 come close to it.

oh come on. its good but its not THAT good.

id have to agree with dead rising too tho, one of my most played 360 games to date, its brilliant :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Not really feeling condemned yet. Only on the second level but it's a bit samey and hasn't brought me back much.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,816 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

0ubliette wrote:
    oh come on. its good but its not THAT good.

Nothing on the 360 has beaten that game for me in terms of just how enjoyable it is to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Feidhlim wrote:
    I just ordered Earth defence force thing - helix you better be right!!.

Ditto! Hope it lives up to the hype!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Surprised Crackdown hasn't been getting mentions - best game on the system by a wide margin in my opinion. More freedom than you've ever had in a computer game, and everything in the game is designed to be fun, it works brilliantly.

Other games I'd recommend would be Rainbow Six: Vegas (or any Tom Clancy game actually, but I reckon that's the pick of the bunch), Saint's Row and Oblivion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Yea Crackdown was good but was way to easy to complete..no one has mentioned Lost Planet at all I thought that was a great game but my favourite so far on the 360 has been Rainbow 6 its great online and off it :D And the worst game I have played was Over G Fighter it was really bad but would say that the Pimp My Ride Game is worse then it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'd say any Tom Clancy game I have them all, Dead Rising, Oblivion, GoW, PGR 3 is a blast online.

I love Over G Fighters aswell as I love military flight sims form the PC.
    I still play Over G alot, its the most realistic combat flight sim on a console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Is there any way to recommend putting chronicles of riddickon the backwards compatibility list for the 360 to micrsoft??

Just that it looks like a good game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Why not ring Microsoft and ask them if its gonna be added any time soon!! They might even tell you if there is a list they are compiling!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

PGR 3 is a blast online.

Agreed. The majority of it's value comes from online play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Rainbox six hands down the best title on the planet at the mo . I love assault heroes also and geometry wars .Gears as well obiously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

shortys94 wrote:
    Is there any way to recommend putting chronicles of riddickon the backwards compatibility list for the 360 to micrsoft??

Just that it looks like a good game

You can e-mail backcomp@microsoft.com with suggestions, that's what I did.

And Chronicles of Riddick is a great game! Might pop that suggestion in too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Xx iFight xX

I've had my 360 for about 3.5 months now and the only two games I will even look at are PGR3 and Gears of War. Got Viva Pinata in my bundle and its crap, like the sims but for 6 year olds.

Gears of war has held my attention really well. Its visually superb, the gameplay is groundbreaking. The story mode is unparalleled, I've never been so engaged in a game since Resident Evil 2, and the multiplayer is sex on toast

Love Viva Pinata myself. Looks cute but it's a very complex game. Gears has nothing on it.

Got Earth Defence Force today and only stopped playing it now. Fantastic stuff. Cheap, tacky, lacking in every department but pure unadulterated fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

I bought Dead Rising and got rid of it shortly after. It was fun but there were far to many game play crippling elements (Save method, mandatory timed missons) but I think Ill pick it up cheap again. Ill have to check out that HMV offer.

Advertisement