Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silverchair - Young Modern

Options
  • 29-03-2007 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭

The now 27 year old Daniel Johns says: "I was trying to do more of a kind of Brian Eno or Talking Heads interpretation of epic pop music. This time, at every single stage I was simplifying and simplifying because I wanted to make a record that felt like a rock 'n' roll band but still had all the interesting sonic stuff. Basically, a psychedelic modern pop record."

hmm yes...They have popped the whole album up on myspace to listen to...So I did...Ive heard mixed reviews...I ve been a silverchair fan for years, love frogstomp and freakshow....then also love Diorama...which was a step away from there previous stuff...this album...is a further step away from their earlier stuff....The guys have aged and with them their music since the very young days of Frogstomp & Freakshow.

Songs like 'reflection in sound' and 'mind reader' are songs of how the band have matured. just for the heck of it 'Low' is a song I can totally picture blaring on a summers day,flyin down the irish 'highway/motorway' ..or takin it easy with a......

Diorama was a masterpeice. This is whatever you call something that tops a masterpeice.

Absolute Brilliance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Fair play to them for never repeating themselves, especially considering they were so young when they started. Like you, I've been a fan since day one and although some albums appealed to me more than others, I'm glad they never released a boring rehash of a previous album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Bo Malicious

yeah remember these from back in the day. Think the singer ended up natalia umbruglia.

Advertisement