Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 4th Dimension

Options
  • 29-03-2007 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever heard of them?

They were a techno band from Kerry, I think. They haven't been around for yeeeeeeeeeears, but I used to love them when I was younger.

They had two albums afaik, one of which (Overground) I have on tape, but the other album (Around The Day In Eighty Worlds), was my favourite, and they don't make it anymore.

So has anyone ever heard of them, and does anyone know where I might track down the album?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

SumGuy wrote:
    Anyone ever heard of them?

They were a techno band from Kerry, I think. They haven't been around for yeeeeeeeeeears, but I used to love them when I was younger.

They had two albums afaik, one of which (Overground) I have on tape, but the other album (Around The Day In Eighty Worlds), was my favourite, and they don't make it anymore.

So has anyone ever heard of them, and does anyone know where I might track down the album?

certainly have heard of them m8.

not those albums tho.

the ones i have there are:

THE LATE ARIVAL E.P.

The Fourth Dimension - Wake Up! EP

The Fourth Dimension - Storm EP

The Fourth Dimension - Dream EP.

try joining www.nioldskool.co.uk usually get anything dance ya want in there.

or there's soulseek.p2p file sharing.

best of luck m8.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Cheers, amazed somebody knows them!

Could you delete the second last line though, cos I don't want this thread to be locked!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

I have Overground on CD. It's pretty good. Didn't they play Feile with Moby and The Prodigy back in the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

seen them in the point depot many moons ago they were warming up for the prodigy.

The roof nearly came off the point they made some serious noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I used to love Storm, the one with the Sharon Shannon lick on the squeeze-box. IIRC, his hair was mental.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

I've heard plenty of them, I'm surprised to see them being mentioned on boards haha.
    All of my friends uncles were in The 4th Dimension and I've got some of their stuff around...i'll go try and find it.

AFAIK one of them is still making music but he hasn't released anything cos it's only for his own pleasure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Im in there video recorded at the point when warming up for podigy....famous i am :)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I remember when they played the local sports center. I would have been 14 or 15 at the time.

Advertisement