Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus

Options
  • 29-03-2007 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

about 6 months ago I got a new ford focus Zetec.
    There is a button with a picture of a phone, and when I pressed it it used to say mute on the screen. On the radio controls on the sterring wheel there i s a voice button, and again when I pressed it nothing happened.

Yesterday everything kicked in for no reason and now I have bluetooth hands free, and voice commands for my radio.

Anyone else experience that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Did you not complain that these things weren't working when the car was new? Or were you not aware that your car had them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭KingKenny7

Anan1 wrote:
    Did you not complain that these things weren't working when the car was new? Or were you not aware that your car had them?

Not aware I had them

KingKenny7 wrote:
    Not aware I had them
    Should your car have had them?

Anan1 wrote:
    Should your car have had them?

Yea coz they do now.........

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

lol! score.....

• Advertisement

Mutz wrote:
    lol! score.....
    It's very, very rare that a car is built or sold with the wrong spec. My guess is that the OP paid for these features and just didn't realize that he had them until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭sk8board

Its the Connection pack.

You either paid €500 for it (if you bought it in november for Jan delivery), or else €1300.

I have one (well, my wife has :) ).
    the Conenction pack was only available on the LX and Zetec. Best bluetooth kit I've ever used. No delay in call/answer/phone pairing whatsoever.

Pack included climate control, 17" alloys, keyless entry, keyless start, auto-dim rear view mirror,

Theres a thread on it here.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Anan1 wrote:
    It's very, very rare that a car is built or sold with the wrong spec. My guess is that the OP paid for these features and just didn't realize that he had them until now.

Funny you should say that.
    I got a focus that was not built to the proper spec.
    But I had less not more :mad:

Got it sorted out pretty quick though.

As for OP.
    Had you tried pairing the phone before?
    What model radio is it?

I have to agree about the quality of the kit - Top Notch
    Best I have used for ease of use and call quality

Mik

sk8board wrote:
    Its the Connection pack.

You either paid €500 for it (if you bought it in november for Jan delivery), or else €1300.

I have one (well, my wife has :) ).
    the Conenction pack was only available on the LX and Zetec. Best bluetooth kit I've ever used. No delay in call/answer/phone pairing whatsoever.

Pack included climate control, 17" alloys, keyless entry, keyless start, auto-dim rear view mirror,

Theres a thread on it here.

I got the car as a used new car, so I didnt choose what it had. It was 3 months old when I got it. But I have 17" alloys and climate control but no keyless stuff.

mik_da_man wrote:
    Funny you should say that.
    I got a focus that was not built to the proper spec.
    But I had less not more :mad:

Got it sorted out pretty quick though.

As for OP.
    Had you tried pairing the phone before?
    What model radio is it?

I have to agree about the quality of the kit - Top Notch
    Best I have used for ease of use and call quality

Mik

I never tried pairing it before coz it when I pressed the button it just said mute and the radio muted and the voice button never worked either. Suddenly it mentions phone unavailable and once I paired alll was good,

• Advertisement
Advertisement