Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[REQ] route suggestion

Options
  • 29-03-2007 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭

I've a race later in the year where I expect to be on my aero-bars for a couple of hours. I may be looking for the impossible but can anyone suggest a route starting from Dublin where I will be able to get sufficient practise in this position. I guess that means I'm looking for somewhere without many junctions, not particularly hilly and ideally without too much traffic or wind.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

I've a race later in the year where I expect to be on my aero-bars for a couple of hours. I may be looking for the impossible but can anyone suggest a route starting from Dublin where I will be able to get sufficient practise in this position. I guess that means I'm looking for somewhere without many junctions, not particularly hilly and ideally without too much traffic or wind.

Given that local councils seem to compete on traffic light installations, it's not gonna be easy. North County Dublin would be your best bet, maybe going from Finglas toward Ashbourne - it's flattish and generally has more roundabouts than traffic lights...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

milod wrote:
    North County Dublin would be your best bet, maybe going from Finglas toward Ashbourne - it's flattish and generally has more roundabouts than traffic lights...
    When I cycled the old N2 last summer it was quite quiet because the new N2 dual-carriageway took a lot of the traffic. This should allow you more uninterrupted aero-bar time.

As the N2 is a dual-carriageway, you could legally use it, though 120km/h traffic would discourage me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Thanks, It's ages since I've been out that road. I'll head out there soon.

Advertisement