Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

did letterkenny general win the lotto !?!

Options
  • 29-03-2007 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Did anyone notice the number of ambulances parked up at the hospital today? Did they win the lotto or where are they all from because i pass it every day and i've never seen so many. there's more than 20. of course it couldn't have anything to do with Bertie Ahern's visit, could it ?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

anyone got any updates on this, sounds interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamh1975

Hi,

I went by on Sat afternoon and there were over a dozen there and I thought that was loads.!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

They opened something new up there today!

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

I heard on Highland radio this morning that the Taosaich is visiting the hospital
    to open a new ward or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I hope he washed his hands before and after the opening

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Miss Polaris

The new medical short stay ward was opened today in LGH. This allegedly will help alleviate casualty overflow and the bed shortage.

All those ambulances - not a new thing they are parked there regularly, just depends on call outs, runs etc...

Bertie in lgh, knew i should have went to work today.....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

not being from the area, are they newish??if so,they would be awaiting deployment to another station, if not, i dunno because most stations have no more than 20 and thats in the countrys biggest station, there is prob only 1 or 2 ambulances on duty anyway

not sure on numbers in the station, will find the number of paramdics staioned there tough

EDIT: yup, they have 13 paramedics and 2 lead paramedics, this means theres probably 2 crews on duty most of the time, more if there is a lot of hospital transfers required

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Dun na nGal

Thank you all for your interest, my curiosity was getting the better of me !:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

They took delivery of a new fleet of Mercedes Ambulances and are going to phase out some of the older transits. They used to replace one by one every few years but now the ambulance service has been centralised more they are doing a bigger change. €165,000 each apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

yes, the north west area has got 8(3 for sligo,1 for leitrem,4 for donegal) new mercedes ambulances build by wietmarscher or commonly known as WAS(http://www.wietmarscher.de/) in germany, i think they actually cost more than that when they are fully kitted out, the older transits will be replaced overtime

pictures available at:
    www.flickr.com/photos/medic112 and
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/46018179@N00/ (go to pg 2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

lol, your all like a crowd of awl granny's gossiping in the hair dressers :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

About 'bloody' time:) . No pun intended, they were badly needed.

P.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Glazun

Whats this i hear about bertie opening up a Alzeimers centre that cant be used until they actually find staff to work in it? Seems kinda odd..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Glazun wrote:
    Whats this i hear about bertie opening up a Alzeimers centre that cant be used until they actually find staff to work in it? Seems kinda odd..

They must have forgot the staff. :)

Does seem to happen regularly in the Health Service. New units but then no staff for ages to actually operate the bloody thing.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The official story about the opening of the new ward is that they didn't want to have the ceremony when it was up and running as it would be too stressful on the patients.

I kid you not.

Advertisement