Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jade Empire

• 29-03-2007 2:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭

Is this game worth getting?
    I never had an Xbox so I'm catching up with the good games from the last generation, just recently completed Ninja Gaiden Black (wow!).

So should I be looking for Jade Empire?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yes, I'd recommend it. Did you play KOTOR? If you liked that you'll probably like this. If you haven't played that yet.... get it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I played a bit of KOTOR, but Star Wars isnt really my thing so I wasnt absorbed in it.
    I loved NWN and that was by Bioware but I'm guessing Jade Empire is a whole different kettle of fish?

It's basically KOTOR, without the Star Wars...

It's not as detailed as NWN would be, it's more action RPG (easy to get into) like KOTOR, simpler interfaces and so on. I'd give you a lend of it but someone else has my one ATM. Should be cheap in the usual secondhand sales (Gamestop offers, Ebay, Smyths 3-for-2).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Hey Slurms where did you get ninja gaiden black? I can't find it anywhere.

I work in Game so I'll have a look for it today when I'm in. Should be a copy in the 2nd hand section.

So many good games to play but so little time, always the way isnt it?

Ninja Edit: Got it in work lee_baby, someone traded it in and I was all over it. If ya want I'll send it out to ya? I'm done with it and will be buying Ninja Gaiden Sigma on the PS3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Slurms wrote:
    I work in Game so I'll have a look for it today when I'm in. Should be a copy in the 2nd hand section.

So many good games to play but so little time, always the way isnt it?

Ninja Edit: Got it in work lee_baby, someone traded it in and I was all over it. If ya want I'll send it out to ya? I'm done with it and will be buying Ninja Gaiden Sigma on the PS3.

That'd be great! I've looked everywhere for it. Do you work in GAME on dawson street? I'll gladly give you a tenner for it.

Ah damnit man, I was looking to buy Ninja Gaiden Black.

Is it the classics version though?

No I work in the Blanch shoppig center. Nah dude, no money cos it's not allowed on boards. I'll give ya a loan of it. PM me your address or whatever and I'll send it out to ya when I get a chance.

Yup koneko, its the classic version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I enjoyed Jade Empire a lot. It's a massive game though and I never got around to finishing it.

Really beautiful graphics in it as well.

Although it suffers the same way many RPGs do in that you end up just using the same characters over and over.

also there are some absolutely terrible vertically scrolling shoot em'up sections in it that feel completely out of place.

koneko I'll give ya a loan of it after lee_baby if ya want?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Its an ok game. Enjoyed it while playing but kind of gave up on it after around 15-20 hours of play (which is certainly worth 20 euro).
    I only played KOTOR2 (which according to many is deeply inferior) but I enjoyed that much more than Jade.
    But Ninja Gaiden Black is teh winnar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Wasn't a big fane of Jade Empire. I though that the story sucked. Not all that gripping and not a patch on KOTOR.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭The Smircher

I was going to get Jade Empire in the Game 2 for 40 section but I found it for €8 in Virgin (Tallaght). It's up at the counter, couldn't believe it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Is this game worth getting?
    I never had an Xbox so I'm catching up with the good games from the last generation, just recently completed Ninja Gaiden Black (wow!).

Is this easier than the original version? I could never get past the dudes on horseback and have wanted to play it again. Must have a gander on flebay tonight.

Advertisement