Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balrothery pitch and putt

• 29-03-2007 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭

Friends coming up to Balbriggan for a weekend. Thinking of going out here to pass a couple of hours. I know where the golf club is but not sure if the P&P adjoins it, or is a million miles away in a completely different direction.

Any opinions from those in the know. How to get there? Is it worth the trip or is there better recommendations? How busy does it get at the weekend?

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

There is no pitch and putt in Balrothery, Willys health doesn't allow him to run it any more and it's been closed a good few years now.

You'll find Julianstown pitch and putt excellent. Phone number is 041 98 29102, on the R132 10 minutes from Balbriggan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Morgans

Thanks for that Bluetonic. When will the internet update itself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

It's such a shame as well....it was such a good course, always enjoyed it! I find Julianstown very flat, but it has some nice holes and is a good spreadout course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

There's also the P&P in The Bog of the Ring. Decent enough course and around the same distance if not closer to the brig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Bluetonic wrote:
    There is no pitch and putt in Balrothery, Willys health doesn't allow him to run it any more and it's been closed a good few years now.
    Ah thats a pity. Was a lovely course and Willy kept it in tip-top shape.

Does Julianstown P&P have a 9-hole golf course beside it or is that somewhere else I'm thinkin of?

• Advertisement

Jimoslimos wrote:
    Ah thats a pity. Was a lovely course and Willy kept it in tip-top shape.

Does Julianstown P&P have a 9-hole golf course beside it or is that somewhere else I'm thinkin of?

Yeah, that's the place alright. I've never played the course so don't know whatits like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

The Pitch and Putt in Julianstown is very good, I play there a lot - a bit flat, but there are a few trees and bunkers as obstacles (or ball attracting magnets in my case).

I've not played on the 9-hole course, yet. But it looks good.

Played the 9-hole a few times. It's a fairly handy course, very flat and not many obstacles apart form a lake and a bloody wasp hive... Bit of a beginner course but still not too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Used to love Willy's P&P course, spent a couple of summers there basically not so long ago.

Managed to break a putter when I actually connected with a ball in a hurling stylee! :D Also got a hole in one on the 17th (the one with the huge bank in front of the green).

blastman wrote:
    Also got a hole in one on the 17th (the one with the huge bank in front of the green).

I used to hate that hole! Sometimes I would drive the ball at the bank and hope it 'hops' over onto the green....but if you missed the bank it would end up in Willy's shed! lol :)

I did manage a hole in one on the 8th (the one with the 3 trees in the way) Highlight of my life!

• Advertisement

was it the 11th hole where you would be teeing off about 100m above the hole?? ;) Loved that one. You put 80m sinkholes into the green if ya managed to hit the green on a damp day!

sirpsycho wrote:
    was it the 11th hole where you would be teeing off about 100m above the hole?? ;) Loved that one. You put 80m sinkholes into the green if ya managed to hit the green on a damp day!

No, that was the 12th! Great hole! Damn I miss that place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

catch--22 wrote:
    I did manage a hole in one on the 8th (the one with the 3 trees in the way) Highlight of my life!
    Got one on the short 7th:D Also managed one on the 4th/5th (the one down in the bottom corner.
    sirpsycho wrote:
    was it the 11th hole where you would be teeing off about 100m above the hole?? Loved that one. You put 80m sinkholes into the green if ya managed to hit the green on a damp day!
    Yeah, the 12th. That was a brilliant hole, always used to think with the way the mounds were shaped around the green that it looked like a breast and nipple from above;)

Advertisement