Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motherboard temps

Options
  • 29-03-2007 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭

I've just received and installed a replacement chipset fan from ASUS on my a8n-sli Deluxe motherboard. Before I was getting temps of about 35c under load, but now it is 46c without anything running. I didn't have any alcohol solution to clear off the old thermal paste, and I hoped for the best by placing the new fan with thermal pad over the gunk. It doesn't have seemed to work though :(

Is 46c an acceptable temperature? It was a pain in the arse to mount and I don't fancy doing it again if possible.

::Edit::

It is now 48c under heavy load...

Make that 49c, though it seems to be steady at this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Eeek!

I dont know why the difference between idle and load is so small, but I think you shud de-gunk your chipset.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

is nail varnish remover an acceptable remover? it contains acetone!

Advertisement