Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Role Models

• 29-03-2007 5:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

Brothers,

First post in this forum and delighted to find like-minded individuals here on the boards.

Who do you consider as role models? Speaking for myself I have learned many valuable lessons from that renowned Architect, Marine Biologist and Latex Salesman, Mr. George Costanza (AKA Mr. Art Vandelay).

Who would you consider as a role model my brothers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭exCrumlinBoyo

Simply put the one and only Homer Simpson. That amazing man should be made honary president of this group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

galactus wrote:
    Brothers,

First post in this forum and delighted to find like-minded individuals here on the boards.

Who do you consider as role models? Speaking for myself I have learned many valuable lessons from that renowned Architect, Marine Biologist and Latex Salesman, Mr. George Costanza (AKA Mr. Art Vandelay).

Ye see that's a bit of a connundrum brother, while I might think of one or two suitable individuals, actually modelling myself on them might involve having to do stuff, thereby counteracting my general laziness so on the whole while I might admire someone.....roll model... nah too much like work ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Ricky Gervais obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Simply put the one and only Homer Simpson. That amazing man should be made honary president of this group.

+1 billion!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

Ye see that's a bit of a connundrum brother, while I might think of one or two suitable individuals, actually modelling myself on them might involve having to do stuff, thereby counteracting my general laziness so on the whole while I might admire someone.....roll model... nah too much like work ;)

Brother Slow - why not have some nonce like James Blunt as your role model. That way, your inherent laziness will ensure you turn out to be the polar opposite of him i.e. all man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Brothers my first post here. I am happy to have finally found a forum which caters to me and my people.

I would have to say my Idol must be Andy Pipkin off little britain. Even though he is only a fictional character I respect his motivations or lack there off. Not only has he fooled his long haired, lanky and trim friend into thinking he is handycapped so as he does not even half to stand up but he has a belly and bald spot that would most men to shame.

Ha, he truly is an inspiration alright. And although he doesn't look the most masculine, one only has to look at his video collection... "I want monster truck!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

tony.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

galactus wrote:
    Like many right minded Brothers, or aspiring Brothers, I am my own role model.

Centred by the mass of my own gut, surrounded when required by like minded Brethren suppin' beer and skullin' sambos of heroic proportions, I have no need of role models, viewing them with the same disdain the Old Testament dudes viewed false idols.

*prrrps*

I salute Al Bundy, but he is too hen-pecked to be truly great. As for Homer, he are a cartoon character and thereby dismissed. The Little Britain guy is quite unfunny and demeaning, so he's out too.

Mind you ... big Tony Soprano is an inspiration to us all ... although he works a little too hard for my liking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

jabba.jpg

Dancing girls, sitting on his hole all day....

• Advertisement

So that leaves Onslo and Rab C. If Les Battersby put on a bit of weight he'd be a decent skin. (I overheard women talking about him, I've never watched a soap :cool: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

So that leaves Onslo and Rab C. If Les Battersby put on a bit of weight he'd be a decent skin. (I overheard women talking about him, I've never watched a soap :cool: )

I am a fan of Rab C also ... but I fear he is too political for a true role model.

I understand from Mrs Trout that Les Battersby dies his hair yellow, is markedly unfunny and also he is sh1t.

Who is this Onslo of whom you speak ?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

trout wrote:
    Who is this Onslo of whom you speak ?:confused:

This is Onslo, brother.

onslow12.jpg

He's married to Hyacinth Bucket's sister.

Look at him go, in all his splendour.

Also, I aspire to be just like this great man when I get on a bit...
    JackHackettBl.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Surely Mr.T has a place in our books, see below. He loves his Mammy and rightly so! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I'm glad I missed out on the 80's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Jim from The Royle Family.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

petes wrote:
    Jim from The Royle Family.

Brothers, we may have a winner!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Gentleman,i give you Bernard ManningBERNARD-MANNING_88__F-318.245_20.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Bernard Manning is a racist wanker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Agreed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I have found a humble brother who is demostrating the correct spirit.
    husband_20of_20the_20year_small.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

J.S. Pill wrote:
    Brother Slow - why not have some nonce like James Blunt as your role model. That way, your inherent laziness will ensure you turn out to be the polar opposite of him i.e. all man

'Tis a fair enough point brother but quite frankly I couldn't be bothered ! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭iremex

brothers,
    al bundy.
    to this day, the ONLY position to maximise comfort on the couch is still this

Advertisement