Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Pool Championships

• 29-03-2007 5:05pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anybody goto the competition in Birr last weekend?

It was my first tournament, some really good talent (and some very poor!).
    I won my first game comfortably enough at 8-5. The second game was a lot closer, I was suffering from a major hangover and just couldn't get into it. At 4-1 down I realised I had to raise my game because the guy I was playing was very good. Got back to 7-7 and took the final frame (phew!).

Unfortunately the next game was against the seeded No 3 Shane O'Hara. This guy was a class act and I was very happy to get 4 frames against him. Final score 8-4. As far as I know he's in the final that will be played at the inter-countys in may.

Great weekend and I highly recommend it if you think you are handy enough at pool, you might be surprised at how far you get. It was €30 entry with €10,000 prize money, not sure about how many places that got divided amongst.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Sounds like fun. Whens the next one on?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Ccliff

Glad you enjoyed it Slaanesh.

Pighead, our season is over now for the year, we just have the Inter County Team Finals on the May Bank Holiday weekend and then our season starts up again around September.

Keep an eye out on our website at www.irishpoolassociation.ie as soon as we have venues confirmed the dates for next year will be available there.

If anyone wants more info about playing pool email me at
    irishpool @ eircom.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Hi CClif,
    Thanks for the link. Will put that link in my calender and check it every so often.
    I'll need to get some practice in though to compete with you guys. It's difficult to
    find many locations to play in dublin. Snooker halls and private clubs are the only places to find pool tables in the Dublin area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Cheers Ccliff, will definitely enter a competition in the new season. Gonna have to brush up first though. Don't want to make a ninny out of myself!

Pighead wrote:
    Don't want to make a ninny out of myself!

Sounds like you'd fit right in! Plenty of ninnys on the tour :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Ccliff wrote:
    Sounds like you'd fit right in! Plenty of ninnys on the tour :rolleyes:

and plenty of really gifted cuemen;)

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

Is this the GREAT pool star from Wexford ex-CYMS?

irish147 wrote:

The one and only;)

irish147 wrote:

ROTFL :D

Ccliff wrote:
    ROTFL :D

you know its true

• Advertisement

Richie

PMSL!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 keviiiii

hi,
    Anybody go to the pool events on the irish tour this season. There is some real good talent out there. Season is over now. Richie lawlor is some legend of a player. Do you know of any tournaments coming to cork in the next few months. Keep up the great work richie
    Talk to ya later

keviiiii wrote:
    hi,
    Richie lawlor is some legend of a player. Do you know of any tournaments coming to cork in the next few months. Keep up the great work richie

Richie - how much did you pay him to say that??????

Kev there might possibly be a ranking tournament in Cork next year. If you check the events calendar page on www.irishpoolassociation.ie in August all the dates and venues for tournaments for 2007-2008 should be confirmed by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 keviiiii

Thanks Ccliff you are a legend. Can any fool participate on the irish junior tour for instance and one other thing do you have to have played in all the tournaments on the tour as it is difficult for me to go to offaly for tournaments when i live in cork. i just want to see if i am any good as i always beat my friends. Would it be okay for me to go to the one in cork as my first tournament. I emailed the irish pool association and they said to contact paul noonan as he deals with tournaments in cork. What is he like. Would it be okay for me to contact him.

Advertisement