Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal issue

Options
  • 29-03-2007 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I buy a few items now and again on ebay and pay through paypal, but all of a sudden I have been getting error messaging stating that my credit card has been declined by credit card issuer. I contacted CC company and they told me that payment was authorised and then rejected by paypal but paypal say that it is the CC issuer is the problem. I have contacted both parties and as CC will not communicate with anybody else but me and they both blame each other, I have been getting absolutely nowhere.
    Has anybody else had this problem??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Had the problem once and contacted the CC issuer (Mastercard at the time), and an automatic security feature was set on the account to prevent any more charges to it. That was because I use it fairly often for Paypal and they wanted to make sure they were mine. After I confirmed they were all mine then the feature was removed and I was free to use it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

If you recently got a new card dont forget to update the expiry date on paypal i forgot once and it wouldnt let me do nowt!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭davemc

Has this been sorted Damien?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 damien79

Has not been sorted yet. Have tried updating my card details even though they have never changed and still no joy. Will try to get on to both parties again to see if it can be resolved. Cheers guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Been happening to me lately too, must contact the bank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭kryan1

I had the exact same problem and how i sorted it was i reg'd another card. I have a MC and VC on the same account and i was getting the problem with the MC, but when i reg'd the VC and got the 4digit code to activate it it all worked fine for me. Hope this helps

Advertisement