Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backing up before that new build

Options
  • 29-03-2007 5:23pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm about to build my 4th pc I think and yet again I will go through this tired routine of copying my Firefox profile, emails, installers, drivers, video files, web sites I'm developing onto my external disk.

Just as that new build is powering up and I'm typing in my ad on adverts.ie to sell any old stuff I need to be rid of I'll remember 1 or 2 things I forgot to backup.
    I have looked at that Documents & Settings transfer wizard on windwos before but I don't think it cuts the mustard.

So my question is am I missing something. Have ye some fancy way of backing up all the stuff you need. Has anyone gor a good checklist we all might benefit from? Maybe there is a really simple method for all this that I have ignored for years.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Pretty good guidelines HERE and HERE.

I use Synctoy to keep most of my files safe.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Synctoy looks good. Thanks for the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Always a pleasure :)

Advertisement