Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Statement to guards?!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Victor wrote:
    So do you think a garda phoning an informer reveals his number?
    Yes, otherwise how would the informer be able to call the Garda?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Anan1 wrote:
    Yes, otherwise how would the informer be able to call the Garda?
    I'm sure Anto keeps "Store Street Drugs Squad" stored in his Contacts - not.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,767 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

while anto is going to rat out to any private number coming up on his phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

let them tell you full details of the vehicle and drivers and see if it matches you, first. If it doesn't, you're in the clear.

If it does, then.........oh, I dunno.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

was anyone else driving your car at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Victor wrote:
    I'm sure Anto keeps "Store Street Drugs Squad" stored in his Contacts - not.
    Use your head Victor, it's not that hard to figure out. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

bbability wrote:
    That the cops job not Joe Publics

TBH i think this comment is just silly

How do you think crime is solved? usually by help from the public of course unless there is some forensic evidence available.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭Esel

TheNog wrote:
    How do you think crime is solved? usually by help from the public of course unless there is some forensic evidence available.

Tell that to Dean Lyons - oh wait, you can't, he's dead. Otherwise he'd be doing life for a double murder he didn't commit, yet was 'able' to confess to in great detail. No help from the public, or forensic evidence needed. Another murder 'solved', another promotion on the way.

And don't be digging up sleeping threads!

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Sleeping threads?

Gardai do ring from private numbers. Donnybrook have rang me a few times and it is always private number.

esel wrote:
    Tell that to Dean Lyons - oh wait, you can't, he's dead. Otherwise he'd be doing life for a double murder he didn't commit, yet was 'able' to confess to in great detail. No help from the public, or forensic evidence needed. Another murder 'solved', another promotion on the way.

And don't be digging up sleeping threads!

I was just trying to explain how investigations are completed.This thing of "its their job not ours" is just plain silly.

This thread was quite active when I posted so what are you talking about?

As far as i know all phone numbers from a garda station come up "unkown".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Jeez,

How many of you actually own cars? The current VRC comes with a field for your phone number.... That's how the Gardaí get your number. Failing that, your mobile phone number will usually be available from directory enquiries, unless you've specifically requested to be ex-directory. Name + address from VRC + Directory Enquiries = Caught you little dangerous driving scrote. :D

I think it's great having the Gardaí pull people for dangerous driving. I've done it 3 times so far on the N11 late last year and once more since Christmas. 2 convictions so far, and both of them well deserved. I have to commend the boys and girls out in Greystones and Bray for responding in each instance - They really showed their willingness to respond to reports from the public. In return, I'm more than happy to go to court on the day to support their prosecutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭Esel

TheNog wrote:
    This thread was quite active when I posted so what are you talking about?
    Yeah, sorry about that! Must have mixed this thread up with another one in a separate window. :o

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

as far as i know they check it on pulse for name and address then ring directory enquires to get you.

I know alot of guards do this themselves when buying their cars , they just check the reg and ring the previous owners to see what the condition was.

esel wrote:
    Yeah, sorry about that! Must have mixed this thread up with another one in a separate window. :o

no bother. i had to read ur post a few times,thought i was missing something!!

;)

Advertisement