Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CWC Day 18 Thread - Super 8's Ireland V England

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

well, if we can stay solid throughout our games, we should do well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

zuutroy wrote:
    Last 10 overs killed us. Do you think we can win any matches in the super-8?

Bangladesh is definitely winnable. Need to keep strong mentally. Could spring a surprise in one of the other games.

We're more likely not to win any than to win one though. The part time nature of our team in such a long competition as this cant be under estimated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

KevIRL wrote:
    The lads didnt disrgeace themselves. They stayed competitive throughout.

QFT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Indeed, no shame in that result :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

A great chance blown though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

A great chance blown though.

Whatcha mean? They never REALLY looked like winning it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

zuutroy wrote:
    Whatcha mean? They never REALLY looked like winning it.

If they didnt have such a poor last 10 overs they would of had a great chance. Throwing away the first two wickets was also a big mistake.

They played brilliantly, but i am pretty sure after the match they were thinking " if only..".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Ok, see what you mean now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

One or two low-points in the game but I was generally pretty proud of that performance. Without Collingwood it might have been very different.

Watched for most of the day and thought Sky commentary was mostly fair. Nasser said something along the lines that England's tourny won't really start until the 4th which I thought was a little dismissive given that for a large part of the day the game was not the forgone conclusion they thought it would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

giddyup wrote:
    Watched for most of the day and thought Sky commentary was mostly fair. Nasser said something along the lines that England's tourny won't really start until the 4th which I thought was a little dismissive given that for a large part of the day the game was not the forgone conclusion they thought it would be.

Also a little silly, cause that game against NZ in hte first round could come back to haunt them, plus them not making a big NRR against us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

county wrote:
    only one winner of this(england)but i hope its a close one.
    all eyes on joyce,he`ll either score a ton or walk for a duck
    well i wasn`t far wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Rjd2 wrote:
    I am more worried about Collingwood, he loves these kind of situations.
    and for good reason he's in really good form The best finisher at the world cup at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Rjd2 wrote:
    The best finisher at the world cup at the moment?

Hayden, surely... cos he opens.... and finishes! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭crybaby

pretty muchy newbie to cricket here, just caught the end of the sri lanka - west indies match last night and was wondering why when the table popped up why it said ireland had played 2 matches and lost both when I thought we have only played England so far in the Super 8 section

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭strassenwolf

crybaby wrote:
    pretty muchy newbie to cricket here, just caught the end of the sri lanka - west indies match last night and was wondering why when the table popped up why it said ireland had played 2 matches and lost both when I thought we have only played England so far in the Super 8 section
    Points from group-phase matches between the two teams who end up qualifying for the Super 8 from a particular group are counted in the Super 8 phase. In this case, the West Indies picked up 2 points from their match against Ireland, whereas Ireland picked up nothing. The table shows that Ireland's points total has been accumulated from two games - the match against the West Indies and the match against England.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

crybaby wrote:

Welcome!

You carry through the points won/lost against the other qualifying team in the first round. So the game we played against the West Indies in Jamaica in the first round carries through, and we're classified as having played 2, lost 2.

Advertisement