Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unwanted Cat problem

Options
  • 29-03-2007 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I'm having a little problem that appeared in my garden about a month ago. I have my own 2 year old male and this new cat is about 1.5 years old.

My cat isn't aggressive and seems to tolerate this little cat. The problem is the new cat is sitting in my garden during the day , relaxing and eating my cats food from a bowl that we put out for him. The bowl is a pedal type, that my cat puts his foot on to open and the new cat has figured out how to open it.

This new cat disappears in the evenings and comes back the next morning to eat the food we put out for our own cat. I presume he lives local and in the past week or so he has gotten a collar but no tag.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can deter him ?. My cat stays out for about 6 or 7 hours a day and in the past week or so he has been coming in very hungry.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Feed him inside?, perhaps you are feeding your own cat too much and the new one is finishing off the scraps.

Do they interact at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Feed him inside?, perhaps you are feeding your own cat too much and the new one is finishing off the scraps.

Do they interact at all.

Nope, he's not feeding off the remaind from my own cat. He gets stuck in even before my own cat has a chance.

Regarding interaction, my own cat doesn't seem that bothered by him which I find strange because he usually chases off other cats.

My own cat has his breakfast at about 6 ish and then heads out for a wander. We see him then at 4pm when we get home from work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Does your own ever go for his tea, if you don`t want to encourage the new one keep food inside and maybe try a water pistol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Does your own ever go for his tea .

Go where for his tea ?
    if you don`t want to encourage the new one keep food inside and maybe try a water pistol.

My cat tends to eat a little frequently rather that have big meals, So it might not go down too well not having food outside.

I hosed the new cat a couple of times recently , but he's getting smart and knows when its coming now.

Any one know where I can get a Super-Soaker :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SMK

The other cat is going to keep coming while he knows there's food to be had! I changed my cats feeding habits about a year ago. I thought it would be a nightmare but it actually only took about 4-5 days before they had adapted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement