Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shivering isles available on xbox live now

• 29-03-2007 6:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

somebody already posted this in in the xbox forum , but just in case ..
    its quite steep 2200 m/soft points

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

that is expensive did you get it and if so what's it like??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

oop's its actually "SHIVERING ISLES" :)
    so far so good, just dipped in this evening ,so too early to pass any real opinion, but so far i am intrigued !

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

Well? Does it worth it? Any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭dimebag249

Did I read something like you have to be online to play it after you've downloaded it? Or something? I think?

I don't think so but I am not sure. I will ask one of my mates as he has it and I'm sure he was playing it at home in the sticks with no broadband.

I'll get back to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Microsoft points? What the hell...

/me googles.

its if you are playing it on the 360 you have to pay for the expansion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭dimebag249

FRom IGN's review:

First off, this expansion is download only, so an internet connection is required to grab the sizable file. Second, once the content is sitting on your hard drive, you still need to be connected to Live in order to access it, so it can run an identity verification check. Note that this only applies to situations where you're playing on a console that isn't the one you originally downloaded the content on. If you keep the same hard drive on the same console all the time, it shouldn't be a problem.

So I don't have to be online to play it...??? Flip it I prob won't buy it anyway, in fact I wish Bethesda had put this effort into Fallout 3.

its a rip off in fairness. PC users probably got it for free

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

It's not free for PC users either.

If anyone got the Shivering Isles expansions make sure you patch it as soon as possible.
    The patch is a beta and it's release notes are here.
    It has a very bad bug in it and you may lose your save game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

There is supposed to be the same patch coming out for the 360 version on this Monday according to a post I saw on the Bethesda forums. So I'll probably finally get round to raiding my points account to get this in the next day or so.

Advertisement