Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Intensive Study After the Mocks

Options
  • 29-03-2007 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

So the mocks are back, you've got your results, what now? I did ok myself 465, but I know if I dig deep Im capable of 500 plus, Im just lazy. Ive done no real study so far except cram for the mocks and Im wondering if anyone has any effective study techniques to share. Especially with Biology, Irish, History, Geography. All tips, advice appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

I think that the easiest way to study is with past papers because you get an idea of what the general need is and also spreads your study over a wide base. However that is far from
    enough preparation for the LC so what I generally do is if I come across something in a pastpaper i am completely stumped about I'll go off and revise with a fine tooth comb that whole chapter /area. By doing this I usually do get a large amount of chapters covered aswell as the actual papers.

But that is just what works for me so I mean it may not appeal to other people in the same way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Cover what is needed!

Guess I should practice my own advice! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

One thing that happens me, when you take a 5 minute break in between the one hour sessions DO NOT leave the room, today I did 1 hour of applied math, and my five minute break is still going on now, its been 2 hours.. hahahaha.

Advertisement