Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Water and the doggies

Options
  • 29-03-2007 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

I suppose most of you have heard/read about the water contamination in Galway(Cryptosporidium)
    Water has to be boiled for human use so we have been giving boiled(and cooled!) water to our dogs.

There has been no mention of pets/animals in any of the bulletins.

I presume its a good idea to keep them off the contaminated tap water ?

Seven Worlds will Collide

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

My dog has had a sick stomach on and off for a while, she was getting so depressed :( We've been giving her bottled water now and she hasn't been sick since so i'm convinced that it was the water that was making her sick.
    The parasite can be transfered from animal to animal ( now human to human ), they should really give info about pets though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Good question...I dunno much about Cryptosporidium but I think dogs can get a particular strain of it which doesn't infect humans unless they're immunocompromised; the main threat to humans is the strain which passes between humans and also livestock eg cattle and sheep. So what about water supplies for livestock...would contaminated water be putting farm animals at risk?

Advertisement