Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

20% off at Playasia

• 29-03-2007 6:48pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Seems that they have a 20% off sale on at the moment at PlayAsia.

It seems to be on pretty much anything that is in stock and runs until the 5th April.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Is the HD DVD Player region free ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

If you order a big amount will you get hit by customs?

Going to use this as a chance to pick up some Gamecube and DS games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Makaveli wrote:
    If you order a big amount will you get hit by customs?

Going to use this as a chance to pick up some Gamecube and DS games.
    I was thinking this as well. As far as i know it will get hit by customs but im not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I know that plenty of people ordering 2 xbox 360 games got hit by customs so I'd order one at a time if i were you, unless you can keep it under $30 for two.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I have got away with boxes from Playasia that are larger than just a game and it not being picked up by customs, it was only just over the customs cost limit by a tenner or so I think so maybe they were being a bit lax that day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I got 2 Xbox360 games at once before and it wasn't stopped by customs. It's really hit and miss, I wouldn't risk it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

I presume the asian games are in eglish for the 360? I think i remember that was the case on lik sang......

Also whats the shipping like these days, 1 week?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

All the games I have got from them have been in English, although they sometimes have ??? language in the instructions as well.

Shipping has generally been just over a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Smoggy wrote:
    Is the HD DVD Player region free ?

Yes

I was going to get crackdown but by the time i got home it was out of stock. Hopefully it will be back in before the end of the sale.
    Are the xbox live subscriptions and MS points free from asia as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

same here, asian version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

They have the Jap version of the HD-DVD player here in the shipped within EU section, so you shouldnt get hit by customs on it as far as I know.

Why did you have to go and say that dor83 i might just think about getting one now :)

Its a pity they didnt have more in that section though as it would save the risk of getting caught by customs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I don't think that is in the "shipped in EU section" I think that the "shipped in EU section" is empty so it's just defaulting to the "discounted items" section that displays on the bottom of most pages

Well spotted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

Does Xtra Vision or any other shop sell hd-dvd's?

HMV does. About €30 a pop, some more expensive though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Gamestop have the odd one in Galway. It's cheaper than HMV and close to online prices. HMV are charging 10 euro too much on all HD DVDs.

http://www.sendit.com/dvd/list/hd_dvd is a good place to look. Free delivery.

Advertisement