Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I get the 580w or 700w PSU?

Options
  • 29-03-2007 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

Not sure what my power requirements will be for my new rig, have a choice of a 580w viper or 700w jean tech. I have a heap of vouchers for PC world. These PSU's are the best that they stock.
    My rig is:

ABIT AB9 PRO, P965
    C2D 6700 - will be overclocked
    2 gigs DDR2 800
    2 x hitachi 250g sata2's in RAID 0
    XFX 8800gts

Thanks in advance for your help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Jfla wrote:
    have a choice of a 580w viper or 700w jean tech.

Is that Viper or Hiper ??

The Hiper TypeR 580 watt is a much better PSU than the Jeantech. It won't have a problem running your stated spec. Are they still selling them for €99 in PC World?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Jfla

Your right its the Hiper type r 580w, In PC world for €99. There quiet too. just 19dB compared to the jeantech, 31db under full load. Thanks for the advise. I didn't know how much power i needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Jeantech PSUs are just pure ****, defiantly agree with hopeful go for the Hiper PSU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

i got one of the hyper type r's, very nice psu, i love the fact you only have o connect the cables you need...very nice for acrylic cases!!..and its quiet as a mouse..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Auvers wrote:
    Jeantech PSUs are just pure ****

That's just one way of putting it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

I wouldnt pay much heed to the 19dB vs. 31dB . Hiper are flat out lying in all likelihood. But still yeah, get the Hiper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

actually you are wrong about the 19db thing there, friend has one in his pc, YOU HAVE TO REAAAAAALY listen to hear it go, id put up an argument that its actually a bit less than 19db (it stays on for a minute or two after shutting down so you can hear it go by itself.....or rather...not hear it, har har har:D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Jfla

Just bought the hiper this morning. Waiting for my other parts to come from komplett. It's like christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Plus that Hiper is modular. Something I sorely miss since moving away from my Enermax. I usually have at least 3 redundant PSU cables which i'd love to be able to just remove from my case rather than having to hide away in the, now eternally redundant, floppy bay

Advertisement