Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bosco Fancy Dress Q

• 29-03-2007 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hay all, I'm dressing up as Bosco for a fancy dress 21st that I'm going to soon enough, I have everything sorted apart from the beautiful red hair...
    I was contemplating either dying a mop head red and trying to attach it to my head with elastic, another suggestion was putting red wool on a swimming hat.

Has anyone ever dressed up as Bosco, and if so, what did you use for the hair? Any tips greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

(some pics here: http://student.dcu.ie/~flynnr4/bosco/gallery.HTM#home )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Make a wig out of red or orange wool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

ok, this might sound a bit silly, but how exactly would I do that?
    How would I get the wool to stay in place? arts and crafts was never a strong one for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

I've seen this done, you can use those red tinsel wigs like so:
    8801100.jpg
    I suppose you can get them in most party shops or here:
    http://www.partytime.ie/product/page/1/browse/SG109/1413114
    EDIT: sorry about the pic but you get the idea about the wig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

Ive dressed as bosco twice. Once I dyed my hair red, the second time I go a mop head and dyed it red. I looked ridiculous both times but sure thats what fancy dress is about!!!
    The wig above would probably be easier!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

You could try making a wig using red wool and a swimming hat. You could either thread the wool through the hat or stick it on with glue. It could be very time consuming though!

• Advertisement

cool, thanks for all the replies, the tinsel wig looks the easiest, on that party time website I saw a red wool rag doll wig aswell in ponytails, that might work if I could seperate the 2 ponytails. Anyway, thanks for all the help everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭lolly.o

Just wondering what did you use as boscos green outfit??

i had a green and white striped top from H&M, and i made collers for the neck using felt, before I found the top, i looked high and low for green and white striped material, eventually found it in the dublin wollen mills fabric section, on liffey street.

Advertisement