Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keeping your beer cool

• 29-03-2007 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Well brothers, this is an internet forum, and to use it we must be near our computers, unless we have one of them wireless keyboards.

I don't have one.

So, behold :

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/7f5a/

usb_cooler.jpg
    The USB Beverage Chiller is the only way to keep a drink cold while you're at your computer - and it looks cool on any desktop. With the USB Beverage Chiller at your side, you can keep your beverage chilled and stay at your computer longer.

Just seconds after plugging the chiller into a USB port (no external outlet needed), the coldplate chills to 45 degrees Fahrenheit, the perfect temperature for helping keep your beverage cool.

* Connection via USB
    * Coldplate chills to 45˚F
    * Helps keeps your beverage cool
    * USB cable length: 5 feet
    * Dimensions: 5.25" x 3.25" x 1.4"

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Pretty impressive, but WTF is that on the cooler in the picture? I'll tell you what it isn't - it isn't beer! How do they expect us to take it seriously, or even buy one, if they don't show it doing what people expect it to do, and that's chill beer.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

That's a highly caffenated soft drink. Useful for code monkey who need to be alert before consuming beers.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I bow to your greater knowledge Brother feylya, but it still seems like an awful waste of resources to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Folks my plan is..

They've all this contaminated water in galway making ice...

Get the tray from the fridge the one that holds the beer

Fill with cold water and Galway Ice (thanks Galway)

Put beer back in.

Bring to ur computer filled with beer bottles....

Drink em

If u wake up mid slumber piss in it..........

Job done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

That seems like a lot of work there Brother Bazzy. Having to walk to the sink then the fridge then wait ****in hours for it to freeze. Although I do salute its value for the midnight piss.

Why not just stick a fridge in the corner of the room. This way plenty of beer is kept cold at the same time cutting down the need to replace each beer on the cooler with a fresh one. You can also keep some snacks in it cos lets face it we'll need em!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Personally, I tend to drink the beer before it has a chance to warm up. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I have many USB ports on my comp, the possibilities are endless.......well endless until all the USB ports are full.........maybe I need a few hubs :D

Advertisement