Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Director Change

Options
  • 29-03-2007 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently started a company with another person who now ( two months after incorporation ) wants out.
    What are the legal steps needed to do this in the most amicable way and is it a matter of simply changing the Directors name and updating the Memorandum and Articles of Association.

If so what froms do I need and if there is anything else I need to know please help.

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭cassette50

You need to prepare a board minute just stating that Mr X has resigned with effect from......

Obtain a letter of resignation stating that he has no claims against the company in terms of salary etc

and most important part is you need to file Form B10 with the CRO with 14stating who has resigned as director and the date of the resignation. The form can be downloaded from the CRO website www.cro.ie

You will also need to appoint another director in his place, as a company is required to have a minimum of 2 directors.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭cassette50

Sorry forgot to mention, there is no need to update the memorandum and articles of association in relation to the resignation of the director.

If the director holds shares in the company you may need to prepare a stock transfer form, transfering the shares held by the retiring director (if any) to the transferee.

If the shares are transferred to yourself, and you hold the all the other remaining shares, you'll also need to file a Form M1 stating the company is now a single member company.

It's all very straight forward and should only take you a few minutes to complete.

Regards

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

You can remove the director without the paperwork on CORE.

What about adding shareholders? I don't remember seeing an option for that on CORE, is that private to the company?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭wardwil

Thank you all for your information.

Do I have to advise the CRO about adding a new director and if so do I need a form?

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Um, perhaps you should read the information you're thanking people for? cassett50 answered that question in post #2, and I answered it in post #4.

• Advertisement
Advertisement